stress = eating, already stressed, now just blown away

Options
My daughter just stated to me, many miles away from me, "I hate you as a mother." My heart is broken to pieces.:sad:

Replies

• sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Don't turn to food! And trust me...she DOESN'T MEAN IT! My sister says this a lot to my mom and it's NOT true!
  • djh1980
    djh1980 Posts: 18
    Options
    food isnt the answer to that. A WHY? IS....... Be strong, think about what you want for yourself. All kids do this, I did this. The moment will pass. Dont make it worse by putting urself thru the guilt of binging.
  • FaeFae
    FaeFae Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    at one point we all say this to our parents! We dont mean it but we are young and naive and do not realize how much those words hurt! I know its hard but you cannot let this set you back! You need to stay strong!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I think that is the normal teenage girl response to hearing anything she doesn't want to hear. Thank goodness I only have a boy.

She doesn't really mean it, so don't let it get to you. When the situation cools down, it might not be a bad idea to let her know how hurtful her words are, though.
  • edunk2008
    Options
    Hey :frown: I'm not sure of the situation but I can almost promise you that she doesnt hate you...she hates that shes not being given her way. That or she is embarrassed about something and to take the heat off her, shes lashing out on you. I know its gotta hurt either way and you need to address it with her, but until you have your emotions under control and have a game plan, put down the Twinkies and go for a walk. That always helps me to center and I'm SOOOOO much happier when its done that I did something healthy for myself instead of letting bad food choices ruin an already crappy day! Good luck and I know we dont know each other, but if you need a shoulder...I'm a mouse click away!!!!! :flowerforyou: