I was craving chocolate peanutbutter ice cream

Options
Akasa
Akasa Posts: 25
but I don't keep ice cream in the house ('cause I'll just eat it lol). So I filled a blender cup with ice, poured in whole milk to the top of the ice, added a big spoonful of peanut butter and a couple spoonfuls of chocolate milk mix. I added a squirt of Hershey's dark syrup and blended my way to frozen bliss.

Replies

• lakraft
    lakraft Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What if you added the chocolate and peanut butter to some plain yogurt, mix it up and freeze it, or do the ice cube thing?
    More protein! :-)
  • KateHubb
    KateHubb Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    but I don't keep ice cream in the house ('cause I'll just eat it lol). So I filled a blender cup with ice, poured in whole milk to the top of the ice, added a big spoonful of peanut butter and a couple spoonfuls of chocolate milk mix. I added a squirt of Hershey's dark syrup and blended my way to frozen bliss.

Whole milk + peanut butter + choc milk + Hershey's.... sounds yummy but is the calorie count on that really much lower than just eating the ice cream? If so, I'm making one tonight! :tongue:
  • soknurdy
    soknurdy Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter Banana Smoothies are sooo good too lol
  • kgesq
    kgesq Posts: 65 Member
    Options

OMG, I thought I was the only one who had fallen prey to this evil invention! LOL I tried the smoothie trick. Didn't work. My fix, Chocolate peanut butter. Oh yes. It exists. 170 calories for 2 tablespoons, and I only use one. The trick is finding a relatively low calorie medium upon which to experience it! (although, I am not ashamed to eat it straight!) Peanut Butter and Co. has a great one, but I know there are others out there.
  • muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Use SKIM MILK instead of WHOLE......That should make a bit of a difference...

here's a smoothie my daughter loves (I'll drink a bit of it! lol)

Blender
    Frozen (very ripe) bananas (however much you want)
    Skim Milk (enough to barely cover the bananas
    Ovaltine Drink Mix(not the regular one, but the chocolate one) add as much or as little as you like!!

Blend til smooth and drink away!!!

If you do it right, it's nice and thick and eatable as well as drinkable through a straw!!!!