What was your....

Options
...worst and most pathetic excuse for not eating healthy/excercising. It could have been before you started to get healthy, or during, whatever. It is really funny to look back and think "really, I tried to justify this??"

For me:
-After I bought new clothes to accomodate my fat butt at one point, I was like "well, I just bought new clothes, I'll wait a few months to start losing weight."
-"Well, I don't think I'll work out today because I've already had a shower." Good, self, cause you are limited to one shower a day no exceptions...:yawn:

It is good to laugh at ourselves and realize how far we have come sometimes!!

Replies

• VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I used to (and occassionally still do...) think to myself:

"One day of terrible eating won't cause me to gain weight!" but the thing is... if one day turns into a week, it CAN cause me to gain weight...

I did the shower excuse, too!
  • kathrynkatana
    kathrynkatana Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    For me, it was "already married, what do I need to be skinny for." But when I start avoiding the mirror I knew that was stupid so I moved on to my favorite "I'm big but I'm healthy." Doctor put an end to that one when my cholesterol and blood pressure came back high. Exercising was "don't have time." still struggling with that one, but making the time. :smile:
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    the fact that I let my PCOS get in the way..thinking that healthy eating and exercising wouldnt make one bit of difference..
    The fact that I had no time to exercise.. The fact that I was already married..and he loves me no matter what..
  • SabrinaG1986
    SabrinaG1986 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    i do the shower one too on lazy days lol.
  • Sezmo83
    Sezmo83 Posts: 331 Member
    Options

-"Well, I don't think I'll work out today because I've already had a shower." Good, self, cause you are limited to one shower a day no exceptions...:yawn:
    Haha, I've done this one.
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    ...worst and most pathetic excuse for not eating healthy/excercising. It could have been before you started to get healthy, or during, whatever. It is really funny to look back and think "really, I tried to justify this??"

For me:
    -After I bought new clothes to accomodate my fat butt at one point, I was like "well, I just bought new clothes, I'll wait a few months to start losing weight."

I've actually used both those excuses! My most used was the shower one for sure!
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I never shower until I've gotten my workout in for the day, for the purpose of avoiding the possibility of this being the excuse... (fortunately - for myself, and others - I work from home).
  • emyback68
    Options
    Some of these, I am ashamed to say, still cause me to eat when I should not:

"I'll just start again tomorrow".

"One day won't hurt".

"I deserve to eat whatever I want".

"I am really not that fat anyway".

"F...K it."

"I am not twenty anymore. I am supposed to be a little heavier".

"I really don't need to be thin, I am fine the way I am".

"I will just exercise more tomorrow".

"I will just starve myself tomorrow".

What does work:

Logging in every day.

Recording what I eat.

Mantra: I do not need to eat my feelings!

Quick exercise in the middle of the day (30 situps or 20 pushups --- something I can do in my office).

Water. Water. More Water.
  • stay_strong
    Options
    Mine was: "I'm already engaged, why do I need to be skinny." or "I don't have time to exercise."

But I wan't my fiance to still think of me as he did before we got engaged. And I'm making time to exercise for at least 30 min every day. I exercise when my son goes to bed.
  • Michellerw1
    Options
    I used to (and occassionally still do...) think to myself:

"One day of terrible eating won't cause me to gain weight!" but the thing is... if one day turns into a week, it CAN cause me to gain weight...

I did the shower excuse, too!

I did that too. Well, if I have 5 margaritas, I will just eat better tomorrow. But tomorrow was pizza night and I couldn't skip that, etc.e tc. etc.
  • Michellerw1
    Options
    "F...K it."

I laughed out loud for real when I read that one.
  • kgesq
    kgesq Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    "I've been thin all my life. I couldn't possibly gain THAT much weight just from throwing caution to the wind, eating whatever I want and not working out." (even though I've also worked out practically my whole life, and never ever ate as much as I was eating when I gained the weight LOL)
  • dannylives
    dannylives Posts: 611
    Options
    "*kitten* working out, I'm just gonna lay here".... ....."I'm not gonna go jogging 'cause its already 9 a.m., I jog at 6:30 darn it."......."I'm just being superficial anyway" ......."I really don't wanna workout and there's nothing wrong with failing today"........"This sh*ts gonna take forever"......."I think I'll just think about better ways to workout right now instead"........"I'm probably just making myself older with all of this exercise anyway"
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    My big excuse was always that I didn't want to lose my boobs :( I have lost a couple of cup sizes, but I realized that if I'm not happy with them after I get to a weight I'm happy with I can always go buy fake ones ;)
  • 3ricaAnn
    3ricaAnn Posts: 288
    Options

For me:

Hahahaha. I have bought pants just bc my but is too big too, i bought a pair of apple bottoms bc my but would not fit into a size 9 regular jeans and fit into size 9 apple bottom jeans, and I have also not exercised bc i just showered, which is a lame excuse bc i could take 10 showers a day if I wanted too
  • spaztastic13
    Options
    My doctor told me i needed to lose weight or i was gonna end up with diabetes and so i kept telling well its hard cuz my husband doesnt eat right either or i cant excercise cuz my son is 3 and if i go on the treadmill hes gonna get into things and make a mess so after repeating myself . She says stop making excuses cuz that isnt gonna get you anywhere so those were my excuses and since february of this year i just workout and eat right and my son works out with me its so cute...and i have lost 36 pounds so far cuz i stopped making excuses!!!!
  • krevelle65
    krevelle65 Posts: 189
    Options
    No one has mention this one yet,

I am fat and cheap so..... I would have to finish off the bag of chips, cake, cookies, (insert junk food here) because they would just call my name if they were in the house and I couldn't waste money by throwing them out.
  • Mom2rh
    Mom2rh Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Did anyone else blame the mirror? LOL "Boy that mirror is so distorted."
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    CHOCOLATEEEEEEEEEEEE

CHOCOLATEEEEEEEEEEEE

Nomnomnonmonmnonmonmnomnomnonmnomnomnmnomnomnnmomom, need to unbutton pants, more chocolate nonmnomnonmnomnnomnomnomnomnomnonmnomn, i'll just use a rubber band to extend my pant's button I'll start exercising soon.
  • AlmostMrsP
    AlmostMrsP Posts: 65 Member
    Options

I have definitely used this one. Other ones I used....

I already did a lot today - when I'd been running around, doing errands or even just spend the day at school. Even though it would only be mid afternoon.

Why do what I can do tomorrow, today? - I always figured I would just start working out/eating right tomorrow, which turned into the next day and the next and the next. I am a terrible procrastinator.

My guy loves me the way I am, so why should I change? Who am I trying to impress? - Um...me! DUH! That's why this excuse no longer flies. He will always love me, but I need to love how i look and feel great!

I can't afford to eat right.