Gaining weight on maintainance. Haven't changed a thing.

2»

Replies

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Jpost001 wrote: »

I think you have it the wrong way round, you weigh more when you're bloated, not you're bloated because you weigh more...

What are these enzymes supposed to do exactly?

Whoops yeah. Lol. I wrote that really quickly when I was busy doing about five other things and my mind wasn't really on semantics. I guess I don't know if it's bloating or weight gain though so that's why I said "it seems". Because I'm not sure at this point. Either I bloat up easily or my body naturally gains weight in my belly first.

I got them for surgery recovery as they are supposed to reduce inflammation (and other stuff). I was mistaken thinking they were an all around enzyme but they aren't. As in they aren't a digestive enzyme. They go straight into the bloodstream and you don't take them with food. I do have a digestive enzyme but I wasn't liking the side effects. Supposedly that means they're working but I'm not sure how long it will take for my body to get used to them. I took them for 2 weeks and well... was not good. At least I work in a retirement home so I would just blame it on the old people... kidding.

anything you take by mouth is going to be broken down by stomach acids and then passed through where it needs to be. it also depends on the medicine too. if you were given something to reduce inflammation it definitely wasnt an enzyme. why did you think that? usually anything taken for surgery recovery are usually pain pills of some kind. but most say to take with food to lessen the effect of it bothering your stomach
  • Rabbit91476
    Rabbit91476 Posts: 41 Member
    I know I retain more weight weather it be bloat or water on days I carb cycle.and lower weight on low carb high fat days
  • sheledge
    sheledge Posts: 1 Member
    Hi,
    Sorry for jumping in here and this may not be if any help but have you looked into IBS?
    I suffer with it and my weight can fluctuate daily by 2 to 3 pounds depending on what I eat. If I eat something that doesn't agree I can look 9 months pregnant and can take a few days to go down and I can be quite windy. Look up fodmaps diet and see if you can see any links to what you are eating and when the bloat happens.
    Hope you sort the issue soon.