Thanksgiving in the US

Options
2»

Replies

• jeffrey_ad
    jeffrey_ad Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    This is my first Thanksgiving on MFP. I’m going log as accurately as possible and not worry about going over since it is only one day. I’ll be curious to see total calories and weight effects over the next week.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,476 Member
    Options
    This is going to be my 12th Thanksgiving maintaining my 100lb loss. I’m not currently keeping a food diary. But I did for over 5 years. Thanksgiving is the one day I’ve always taken off from tracking. I’ve gone over and over the numbers, and I just don’t see how it helps me to turn my whole week inside out just to cover one day.

That doesn’t give me license to stuff myself. I try to make the best choices I can, lots of veggies, lots of turkey breast. But I’m having pumpkin pie, whipped cream and all. A big piece.

Then just do the rest of the week like normal.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Portion control and eating only the things I truly want. I know I would make myself sick if I ate a lot of everything. I no longer enjoy that overstuffed feeling.
  • Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Enjoy yourself and get back to your routine tomorrow. Life happy, enjoy who you’re with.
  • rileyskye1
    rileyskye1 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I ate smaller portions and only had one plate...than went back again later for dinner with same small portions and those were my meals for the day. My family had "dinner" at 12 so getting up at 10 i just didnt feel like breakfast.
    Looking at the scale today and how i feel and im still on track but still had good food and company 😄
  • erjones11
    erjones11 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I measured my good and ate within my maintenance goal. I was very satisfied and did not miss out on anything I wanted. Turkey, stuffing, gravy, broccoli cauliflower gratin and pie. Had left over watching a movie late in the evening and still stayed within goal.

Enjoyed the day and the meal with my family.
  • callmecarina
    callmecarina Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    My strategy is forgiveness. I haven’t logged for yesterday, nor today. Tomorrow will be better and Sunday I’ll get back to it. I will forgive and forget and move on. If I stress about every single thing I eat, I get overwhelmed and I stress eat and I fall harder than before.

Forgiveness is key. 😌
  • vggb
    vggb Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    My weakness was pie. The main meal, eh, but dessert! And each night until it's gone. So the pie is now gone and I went from 149 Thanksgiving morning to 152 this morning. I am ok with that, I guess you can say I planned it, I know my weakness. The loss of those extra pounds will be coming, so no stress about it and yes, personal forgiveness.
  • aimjolie
    aimjolie Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I want on Thanksgiving. I will also eat whatever I want on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and on my birthday. If I have to watch every mouthful on those 4 days, I will feel so deprived and before I know my diet plans will be out the window. I enjoyed every mouthful of everything, especially the desserts. Friday I got up and went right back to watching and logging everything. I found out that it felt good to go back to eating healthy and logging. I keep telling myself, you can do this. It’s not easy and it takes effort but it so worth it when you can go into a store and see something really nice and it fits!
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I went hard in the gym the day before and thanksgiving day. Then I ate whatever I wanted all day. So many mashed potatoes and actual gravy (not the weird white stuff you put on biscuits). Day after thanksgiving I got rid of all of the left over potatoes and happily ate the left over veggies and meat :):)