Can I loose weight only focusing on nutrition?

Options
2»

Replies

• manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Who the heck is Woo'ing all the sensible advice?

@TavistockToad Had to laugh at the word yes getting a Woo

I have a stalker, most of my posts get wooed, regardless of what I actually say... good old MFP!

r4r8eic1zvxt.png
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

I have a stalker, most of my posts get wooed, regardless of what I actually say... good old MFP!

r4r8eic1zvxt.png

I know right!!! :laugh:
  • Jonnydebrasco
    Jonnydebrasco Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Of course you will loose weight dude but if you do just a tiny bit of even just walking each day or even twice a week to start with it will improve your health a lot. Eventually as you loose weight it will become easier to move and exercise so things will start to get better but don’t ever give up.
  • Elphaba1313
    Elphaba1313 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    VickiZei wrote: »
    our bodies don't have any calorie receptors so there's know way for our body to care how many we take in so the old myth of calories in vs calories out is stupid and if it were true, we'd all be able to achieve the weight we want. I highly recommend looking up Dr. Fung on YouTube or in book stores. He's done tons and tons of work in diabetes and weight loss and his program works and is logical. Our bodies run on hormones so you need to eat in a way that gets your hormones to do what you want them to. It's different for everyone depending on if your insulin resistant etc. Please check out Dr. Fung's book The Obesity Code and also check out Dr. Becky Gillaspy on YouTube. I've lost 26 lbs since August without changing my calorie intake or my exercise.

No to this. Just no.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options

My stalker hasn't been around in months, but I still get some baffling woo's sometimes. Quite amusing really.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    VickiZei wrote: »
    our bodies don't have any calorie receptors so there's know way for our body to care how many we take in so the old myth of calories in vs calories out is stupid and if it were true, we'd all be able to achieve the weight we want. I highly recommend looking up Dr. Fung on YouTube or in book stores. He's done tons and tons of work in diabetes and weight loss and his program works and is logical. Our bodies run on hormones so you need to eat in a way that gets your hormones to do what you want them to. It's different for everyone depending on if your insulin resistant etc. Please check out Dr. Fung's book The Obesity Code and also check out Dr. Becky Gillaspy on YouTube. I've lost 26 lbs since August without changing my calorie intake or my exercise.

Hahahahaha

OP, just don't forget that walking is an exercise too. You don't need to jump rope and do aerobics to consider yoursef exercising.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    OP as others have mentioned you can lose weight with diet alone. You will be more likely for success if you incorporate some extra movement in addition. Due to your starting weight make sure your medical provider is aware of and approves any exercise plan.

Best of luck.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Yes you can. I don't know how mobile you are but at some point as you lose weight moving will get easier , so when you are able start with gentle walking.
    My sister lost a lot of weight and was basically sedentary for the first 50kg loss..
    Then started water aerobics couple times a week, and now to walking everyday..

Good luck :)
  • Zinka61
    Zinka61 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Once you lose some weight, you may find that exercise is more appealing to you and easier to do. But in the meantime, just do what you can.