wtf is 'bump'???

Options
I read the topics section fairly regularly . .I find it really inspiring and motivating :) . I've only been here 3 weeks and still learning , ,.I keep seeing people just putting 'Bump' . .what is this???!! I even posted it on a thread earlier as lots of other people were saying it hoping it would be made clear . . . .it wasn't. . . .apologies if I'm being thick . .not that computer literate! :embarassed:

Replies

• TakeOne
    TakeOne Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    No worries :) I thought the same thing when I first joined. "Bump" is just a way to mark something you want to come back to later. I'll bump recipes or post that I want to read in the future. Welcome :)
  • Loko_Ino
    Loko_Ino Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    or it is a way to bring it back to the top of the RECENT POSTS list so that more people will see.
    As a post ages it falls lower and lower in ranks and eventually gets covered by newer posts, bumping it brings it to the top of the list, just like commenting in the post would.
  • pandabuhr79
    Options
    COOL i'm glad you asked cause i had no idea either lol
  • runningathena
    runningathena Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    or it is a way to bring it back to the top of the RECENT POSTS list so that more people will see.
    As a post ages it falls lower and lower in ranks and eventually gets covered by newer posts, bumping it brings it to the top of the list, just like commenting in the post would.

THIS. (and bump! LOL)
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    bump
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    When you type bump in a thread, it makes it for you, then you go to your profile page and there is an option to see where you have written comments on threads ... view all of them.. and look for your bumps. It's like MFP's way of bookmarking, made by the community, since MFP hasn't added this as a feature.
  • CatMauro
    CatMauro Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    COOL i'm glad you asked cause i had no idea either lol

Ditto
  • JackeeW
    JackeeW Posts: 72
    Options

I agree with this. The only reason I ever "bump" something on any threads is because I feel it deserves more attention and it's getting buried by more recent posts.
  • Rainbow011
    Rainbow011 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I read the topics section fairly regularly . .I find it really inspiring and motivating :) . I've only been here 3 weeks and still learning , ,.I keep seeing people just putting 'Bump' . .what is this???!! I even posted it on a thread earlier as lots of other people were saying it hoping it would be made clear . . . .it wasn't. . . .apologies if I'm being thick . .not that computer literate! :embarassed:

Me too....absolutely no idea what bump means??
  • MargieNgainesville
    Options
    Thanks so much for asking. I've been here since Jan. I had assumed it meant, I agree or I don't know either (based on the context of the thread). lol... learn something every day... welcome.
  • Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    :embarassed: Thank you! I had no idea
  • benodie
    benodie Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    lol . .glad I'm not the only one with no clue then! :smile:
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    bump is that thing I like to nicely like to call the big accumulation of fat in my abdominal area.
  • benodie
    benodie Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    bump is that thing I like to nicely like to call the big accumulation of fat in my abdominal area.
    yup I one of those lol!
  • sn00py0673
    sn00py0673 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank you for asking. I have been wondering myself.:happy: