Why do you feel demotivated after a few months?

Options
Hello everyone!
I had been working really hard in the gym for the past 6 months & had nearly lost 15kg’s but now i feel i really don’t want to go back to the gym again, don’t really know why am i feeling this way. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks a ton in advance.

Replies

• FitnTrimSteve
    FitnTrimSteve Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Are you reaching a plateau? If you’re starting to not notice any changes that could be a demotivator.
  • akrammujtaba802
    akrammujtaba802 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I’m noticing changes but keeping up with healthy intake has been a severe challenge lately.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Ebbs and flows are normal. I find mini goals, where I can break a bigger goal into smaller pieces help keep me focused. Or, try to set some dofferent goals to chbge it up. Losing weight gets tedious, sometimes trying to set a new running pr or something provides som good distraction.
  • akrammujtaba802
    akrammujtaba802 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you.
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    bootyrubsandtacos Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I’m going through the same thing. It sucks 🙇🏽‍♀️
  • theoneothr2
    theoneothr2 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Maybe try changing your workouts up. Different program, different exercises, etc. That's what I do when I get in moods like that. Or try finding a friend to workout with
  • Chael2dot0
    Chael2dot0 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Unmanaged expectation. The bane of existence in our world.

Focus on the process - making the better choices in eating and working out as consistently as possible. Don’t expect results or make compliance conditional on achievement or a goal. Make the choices only based on it being the right way to live.

Funny thing is, results will come over time.