i don't want to offend anyone BUT....

Options
2»

Replies

• Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    To add to all that you ain't surpose to really exercise with HCG what the hell type of a diet tells you to limit your exercise? Seriously, my breakfast is nearly 500 calories. I completly agree, I am against the HCG diet! People are crazy!!! People are always just lookin for the easy way out!!!
  • lilcuteness
    lilcuteness Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My friend did it, and he lost thirty pounds. Then he put back on twenty (although I will say his eating habits are improved). So he's doing it again. Oy. What diet plan makes you exclude the vast majority of vegetables? C'mon...avocados and artichokes? Who can eat enough of them anyway to gain weight??? I think it's scary.
  • njean888
    njean888 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I hate to disagree with you all but I did it and lost 16 pounds about a year ago. To date I have only gained back 2. I did it as a kick start to my weightloss and the only downfall for me was not being able to workout. I love going to the gym so that was a major bummer.

I would not do it again but only because I love working out to much and could not stop for twenty whatever days the HCG protocol is for.
  • amandarada
    amandarada Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I don't understand this diet, because the last time I had HCG in my body I blew up like balllon and 9 months later tiny humans forced their way out of my vagina...It happened twice and it smarted just a bit. I am so not doing that AGAIN.

lmao!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    glad to hear MFP users are understanding not only the craziness of this but the dangers - where i live, there is a bunch of hype about it! i hear about it almost everyday - i'm like NO.

glad for you njean888, but even more glad that you wouldn't do it again as you enjoy exercise :):)
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    I don't understand this diet, because the last time I had HCG in my body I blew up like balllon and 9 months later tiny humans forced their way out of my vagina...It happened twice and it smarted just a bit. I am so not doing that AGAIN.

lmao!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

HAHAHAHAHA awesome.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    My cousin's ex gf did this diet. She consumed 500 calories a day and dropped 20lbs in a month. She went from size 6 to a size DOUBLE 0 in a month.

This is the diet she used. I told her she was crazy and lucky she didn't die.

http://ovationmedspa.com/Body Contouring/WeightLoss/diet.html
  • jsiler181
    Options
    I have a co-worker who is doing a version of this. She looks incredible and hasn't exhibited the mood swings (at least, not at work) but I still hate the thought of it. When she told me she only got 500 calories a day (a co-worker's sister, who is quite large, gets a whopping 600), I nearly choked. Even on my strictest "diets", I've never gone below 1000 and I know how crappy I felt. There's no way she can be ingesting that little and still function normally.

I guess it's different stroke for different folks, but I'll pass.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    His ex-gf looked sickly to say the least.
  • taem
    taem Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    A diet is a diet is a diet. A diet is supposed to make you lose weight. If you can comply, great. Whether it is safe depends on your body's hormones. This is just like going through ketosis. Some can do it, some cannot.

I am not defending any diet. I am defending the right to make a decision based upon an individual's state. Just like saturated fat is good for some people and not for others.

What is telling about a diet is what the individual does after the weight loss target has been achieved. Again, this is not the diet so much but the individual's awareness and willingness to learn nutrition and to follow it after the weight loss.

I personally am not on the diet, I don't want the injections, but I cannot help but admire those who have the courage to change their lives.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    This is tame compared to the thread I started about questioning the support thread of it.

I'm a little shocked pro-eating disorder posts are shut down, yet the HCG post remains?

Anyway...

I think there is some confusion between 'weight loss' and fitness. Drugs, anorexia, parasites, and poverty can result in weight loss... it requires will power to achieve a significant level of fitness.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    I eat 500 calories in one meal. Screw 500 calories a day that's just stupid! What ever happened to eating right and workingout? Sheeple are getting lazier and lazier everyday. Hard work doesn't exist anymore. To me HCG is a bad idea. Ever since it has come out I haven't hear the overactive thyroid excuse though lol.

I have a thyroid problem............um no you don't you just eat like *kitten*. put the donut down and go workout. I know there are people with legitimate thyroid problems but, unless your doctor confirms it you're full of *kitten*...... Get on the HCG diet!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Agree with post.