Looking for accountability partners!

Options
Hello MFPers,
I was once very successful with weight loss in my mid 20s (80lbs in 7 months with weight watchers and mfp)... enter normal life, antianxiety medications and some pretty big changes and here I am starting anew. It is definitely psychologically way harder to lose weight you’ve already lost once before.
I am a 32 yo f, 5’5, the heaviest I have ever been with a goal to lose 160lbs total. I’m looking for some people with larger than normal weight loss goals to get to know and help each other stay committed! This definitely worked to keep me honest in the past. If this is something you’re into as well please add me! I’ve taken some measurements, weighed in and started with some photos.
Looking forward to hearing from you and hopefully seeing some mssgs in my inbox and friend requests :o)
Best of luck to all of you!!

pugi2rpg85yi.jpeg

Replies

• baleighbee
    baleighbee Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hello MFPers,
    I was once very successful with weight loss in my mid 20s (80lbs in 7 months with weight watchers and mfp)... enter normal life, antianxiety medications and some pretty big changes and here I am starting anew. It is definitely psychologically way harder to lose weight you’ve already lost once before.
    I am a 32 yo f, 5’5, the heaviest I have ever been with a goal to lose 160lbs total. I’m looking for some people with larger than normal weight loss goals to get to know and help each other stay committed! This definitely worked to keep me honest in the past. If this is something you’re into as well please add me! I’ve taken some measurements, weighed in and started with some photos.
    Looking forward to hearing from you and hopefully seeing some mssgs in my inbox and friend requests :o)
    Best of luck to all of you!!

pugi2rpg85yi.jpeg

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!
  • TabbieKittie
    TabbieKittie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am also as heavy as I have ever been, especially after the holiday feast! I have between 70 and 100 lbs to lose to get to a comfortable curvy figure. However I have issues with staying committed to healthy eating and exercising, but I think an accountability buddy would be great for me! Let me know if you'd like to stay in touch!
  • txdc48
    txdc48 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I’m with you!!! I too am re-starting and I think accountability is super helpful!! I’m 52 yrs old, dealing with menopause weight gain and I hate it. I have committed to myself to keep starting over as often as it takes.
  • RevolvingDoor
    RevolvingDoor Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'd love to see some peoples' humour and updates in my feed each day :-)
  • mecilahm150
    mecilahm150 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I’m also starting over again after many many start and stop attempts. We are close to the same age and height, I’m 33 and 5’6, and I need to lose 105lbs. It seems like an uphill battle but I’m determined to do it! I don’t think I’d keep restarting if I didn’t think eventually I’d be successful. Hang in there! Feel free to add me!
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    To be completely honest with you, I'd find someone that has LOST the weight and lost over 150 lbs and kept it off. What I've found after seven years or so on these sites is that those that lose, gain and lose again aren't your best choice of network. Find those that have succeeded in losing it and kept it off for years and make friends with them. For accountability partners, that's your best network.

I lost 70 lbs over six years ago and have kept it off. I don't log any longer because my accountability partners have gone from weight loss friends to fitness/training friends. People that are in serious shape and work at it hard every day. Not those that get serious for a day or two then fail over and over again. Those "friends" sabotage you.