healty food at McDs

Options
2»

Replies

• ayshamc
    ayshamc Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I think you are in the US but here in the UK they have started to make Chicken and Salad wraps.

They do a crispy chicken sweet chilli wrap which is about 465 Calories and they now also do a Grilled Chicken Wrap which is about 370 Calories.

I know there are much better things out there to eat, but Calories wise, the Grilled Chicken Wrap is quite good!
  • LH2011
    LH2011 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Is there such a thing as healthy food at McDs that's not loaded with sodium and fat? I'm trying o plan for later in the day.

Hmmm healthy and mc donalds doing think you can use those two words in the same sentence its all processed no matter what why you look at it. if you going to go I would just eat what you like and enjoy the junk treat or better still don't go at all!!!
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    salads with little or no dressing, or get a kids meal chicken nuggets and apple dippers, but don't dip.

After reading an article about what those "nuggets" are made from..........blech!!! I don't even get anything for my kids there anymore.
  • BeeRod527
    BeeRod527 Posts: 104
    Options
    The only healthy thing about Mickey Ds is Aquafina!

I'm staying away because of the high sodium content. If there's something I get annoyed about them is that they put so much salt on their fries and don't care if the customer doesn't want them.
  • realitybytez
    Options
    heathy food at mcd's??? hahahahahahahahahahahaha
  • Dkenny74
    Dkenny74 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I eat their sausage McMuffins with eggs and stay away from hash browns and soda. I think eat this not that says the breakfast is the healthiest.
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    There are certainly things you can get that cut out carbs, calories or fat, but “healthy” things from there? No.

And, if you want to resist, don’t take your son there. Why does he need McDonalds?
  • cjw6
    cjw6 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I take my son there every now and then for a treat and I'm not sure if I can resist a little something.

Would it not be better to treat your son with something else? A movie/trip to the park/football game etc etc. I think a lot of us are in the situation we are in because we 'reward' ourselves with unhealthy food, which is a habit we learned from our families. I am determined not to pass that habit/mindset onto my kids.
  • hbmcracer
    hbmcracer Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I like to get the angus bacon cheeseburger, throw the buns away and a side salad.
  • o0Amanda0o
    o0Amanda0o Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Maybe make dinner to avoid temptation? :o)
  • Dkenny74
    Dkenny74 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I take my daughter there for an occasional treat as well.
    **Que unsolicited parental advice **
  • BeeRod527
    BeeRod527 Posts: 104
    Options
    I would take my niece there only so she can play in the indoor playground. Besides, she doesn't eat half of what my brother buys for her over there. All she wants is the toy!