Proud moment

Options
I just walked almost 3.12 miles!!! With my nerve disease, and spinal injuries, I never thought I'd be doing that again. I'm so happy right now. This hurts so much, and I literally cannot bend my knees but, I am determined to get back a quality of life that affords me the opportunity to be more involved with my kids lives. I will keep pushing through the pain to get there.

Replies

• Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    Congrats
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    YAY you!!!
  • Lolinloggen
    Lolinloggen Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Amazing what will power and a good reason to get back onto things can do.
    Wonderful news and well done!
  • funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo! Keep it up!
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, a massive achievement. I hope you will be allowing yourself a rest day to give yourself time to recover. Remember to Respect your present Abilities and gently build on them.

I have no idea which nerve disease of which you speak, definitely not trying to tell my betters what might help, wondered if you have come across information relating to vitamin b12, which requires a substance called "Intrinsic Factor" to absorb from the diet, and its role in forming the nerve coatings, doctors can test for deficiency. Also there are some really interesting specific mushroom products out there which can also help. If you are not doing things like this already.

Wishing you every success. There are few inspirations better than one's children.
  • kreeseamon
    kreeseamon Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I was in an accident that severed , and shredded a nerve in my leg, and cut part way through one in my arm. I do take vitamin b12. I am allergic to mushrooms though so, that’s a no go. Thank you for the advice. It really is appreciated. By the way, all people are equals in my eye. I am not your better, I am your equal.
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,281 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    @kreeseamon Excellent! You definitely should feel pleased with yourself!!
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry to read of your accident, I don't want to imagine. I hope time can help, nerves are strange complex things.

The products I'm thinking of are extracts/components possibly amino acids, from rather than full mushrooms. I know what it is to have food reactions, mine were intolerances more than allergies down to, untreated low thyroid function. Fortunately with loads of digestive microbes, digestive enzymes even something to improve bile flow and liver function, as well as alternative thyroid support, I'm doing so very much better. (I needed to go away from standard medicine, getting to grips with how things function and what the body needs, it really helped me)

You may find some interesting medical information on what the body needs to maintain nerve tissue, vitamins and minerals, acetyl L Carnitine, can help with nerve pain, or alpha-lipoic acid, its in some meats and the occasional veg, for, or to start restoration not forgetting the usual suspects, C and full compliment of B's. try a search, repair nerve damage, look for science backed articles. Please read around the subject and only do what is right for YOU. No one else matters, only you and your family.

Wishing you All the very best.