Late night snacking tip!

Options
I’ve discovered something. If you’re craving something crunchy and salty (AKA chips) at night (or whenever) just have a few pickles!! And they’re only like 10 calories a piece. Been eating a bunch and they really satisfy that craving. Hope this helps somebody.

Replies

• bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Interesting...but what would 3am pickles do to morning breath?
  • Elphaba1313
    Elphaba1313 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    Interesting...but what would 3am pickles do to morning breath?

Nothing a toothbrush and toothpaste can’t fix.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,029 Member
    Options
    Glad it works for you and hopefully others.

Snacking on pickles doesn't appeal to me though.
  • AllyTheGrump
    AllyTheGrump Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have been doing the same! I had forgotten how good a plain pickle (not on a burger) is, and I have been having them a couple times a week now with my renewed love!
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I love this idea! Although the sodium can go through the roof, for those of us watching our salt intake.
  • carlenebyrd
    carlenebyrd Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Pickles are a great way to curb snacking i do this as well but im a pickle fan 😁
  • Kupla71
    Kupla71 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I love pickles! They’re a punch of intense flavour with negligible calories. Perfect for when I feel like snacking but not truly hungry.
  • Just_Juju
    Just_Juju Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just discovered a neat snack at my local Aldi's that is so yummy and has easily replaced eating a half bag of chips or puffs in front of the TV. It satisfies my nibbling urge, and oddly lasts long enough to prevent going back for seconds even though it's a much smaller portion. Specially Selected Gouda Chips. They are thin puffed pieces of cheese in the square shape of a cracker. 10 are in a serving, so none of this "3 chips" business. They have a nice salty taste but also the sweetness of cheese.

20ygbda9y1ld.png

I'm sure they will be fine for some diets like mine, but not for others, so here's the nutrients list:

03clcwav1hyw.jpg