Have cancer, trying to gain weight

Options
I used to stress about my weight gain and worked hard to maintain a healthy diet and workout habits. August 20 was the day I found out that I have stage 4 pancreatic cancer. My prognosis is actually decent, believe it or not. I've lost 34 pounds and looking to gain weight...it is hard! I'm glad that I have this program to track protein, calorie and water intake.

Replies

• WildAngelJoy
    WildAngelJoy Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Bless you Hon, so glad the prognosis is decent! I have episodic pancreatitis so I know the pain and how it can be hard to gain weight . I had gained weight from a medicine, lost 31 lbs. in 2017. I took a year off to deal with my husband's sudden death, selling a house then buying one and was just coming back (although I popped in weekly, I have great friends on here!) when I found out I have a blocked coronary artery that was causing angina and shortness of breath. Not blocked enough for a stent so doing treatment with meds and finally feel good enough to be online and also work up my walking. While off, I kept my same weight. Feel free to add me, it is as important to gain weight in a healthy way as it is to lose it in a healthy way :)
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Bes tof luck to you. Cancer is such an evil thing I'm glad you have a good prognosis ahead
  • beast_kitty89
    beast_kitty89 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I know someone that went through chemo for leukemia. He put on weight with shakes such as ''ensure plus'' or ''Boost'' when he couldn't stand eating. Hope that can help a little bit. Best wishes for you!
  • californiahombre
    Options
    ... and so, the adventure continues! Great work!
  • stanlfink
    stanlfink Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Ouch! I sure want you to succeed!

You can friend me if you’d like.
  • trvshm6765
    trvshm6765 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Prayers your way! Did you have surgery?
  • CoffeenSquats
    CoffeenSquats Posts: 982 Member
    Options