Low calorie diet friends motivation

Options
2»

Replies

• estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Very likely I do. Calories are an estimate after all. But considering that the weight is coming off over time at the rate it should, odds are I'm in the right ballpark.

Bodies... really don't work all that differently barring some medical issue. You still need to eat above your BMR and below your TDEE in order to lose weight safely. And according to: https://www.everydayhealth.com/weight/boost-weight-loss-by-knowing-your-bmr.aspx, BMR is
    655 + (4.35 x weight in pounds) + (4.7 x height in inches) - (4.7 x age in years). Example, if you’re 130 pounds, 5’3”, and 36, your BMR is 665 + (4.35 x 130) + (4.7 x 63) – (4.7 x 36) = 1,357.4 calories

BMR decreases a bit as we age, but not by a whole heck of a lot. Definitely not to the point where 700 calories is a healthy intake.
  • jenpettipas
    jenpettipas Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    If I could eat like you and lose weight I would. That’s why I’m eating a low calorie diet.
  • sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,720 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:
    6. Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders
    I WILL:
    • I will allow members to share experiences without judgment. Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal. A growing list of support resources can be found on our Eating Disorder Resources page.
    • I will understand that people have a complicated relationship with food.

I WON’T:
    • I won’t use any aspect of our service to promote anorexia, bulimia or any unsafe dieting practices.
    • I won’t promote very low-calorie diets.
    • I won’t diagnose other members.
    If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Sugar
    MyFitnessPal Moderator
This discussion has been closed.