Losing 70-100 lbs, need support!

Options
Hi all! I have been over weight for a few years now and recently it has just gotten out of control. The problem is that every time I start to eat right and exercise I stick to it for about a week and then just go back to old habits. Which just makes me feel worse about myself because I feel like I have no will power. I am on day 2 of my journey and I want this time to be the time that sticks, that I actually reach my goals. I am looking for some support and buddies that can keep me on track and visa versa. My goal is to lose at least 2 lbs a week and reach my goal in about a year, seems like so far away..by then I want to be between 170-200 lbs. If you are in a similar situation and want to help each other stay on track feel free to message me, friend me, or comment on this post!

Replies

• HBF29
    HBF29 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I've successfully lost weight in the past but let old habits back in, regained it all and then some. I'm currently at my highest weight. I turn 39 this week, by my 40th a year from now I want to be in a better state of health as a gift to myself. I want to lose in the same range as your goal. Good luck! I'm not an active poster but feel free to friend me.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
  • AnitaBthin
    AnitaBthin Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have been battling with my weight all my life. I have been successful and have lost up to 60lbs but then life keeps getting in the way and I just give up. That might be my excuse but dieting/exercising is the first thing to go when life gets tough. Anyway, I'm trying to hop back on the bandwagon. I was down to 228 around February of 2016, then life happened and I'm now back at 280. :( So I'm right there with you guys. I need support and motivation. Currently, I'm keeping my goals in smaller increments so that I don't feel overwhelmed. I'd like to lose 20 lbs and go from there. I will try to keep up with the forums but anyone can find me on FitBit and/or add me on here. :)
  • Tav127
    Tav127 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi y’all, I was a husky kid from age 6 to 14, weighing 125 lbs in grade 6! I am only 5’3”, and have pretty much been that height since then. I lost 20 lbs during the summer before entering grade 10 and maintained that weight (give or take 5 lbs) until I had my 1st child. And, three children later I am sitting at 215 lbs; down from the 225 lbs I was last year this time.

Since having my 1 kid I have been yo-yo dieting with every brand under the sun. Dropping between 15 - 40 lbs over the past 15 years, and then gaining it back again (+ more).

I started the Keto diet/ new lifestyle on Saturday. And, I too need help staying accountable.

I’m taking it one day at a time.
  • Tav127
    Tav127 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Is anyone doing the Ketogenic diet?
  • SimplyMeAngieD
    SimplyMeAngieD Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have approx 70 lbs to lose. I'm not getting any younger.... but i need to get healthier for myself and my family.
    Feel free to friend me!
  • bigbandjohn
    bigbandjohn Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I understand your struggles. I've struggled most of my life. On here, I'm down about 70, but in reality I'm down around 290 so far in the past 2+ years. I have about 30 to go.
  • AnitaBthin
    AnitaBthin Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Tav127 wrote: »
    Is anyone doing the Ketogenic diet?

Hi Tav! I’m doing Keto! Again. I had great success late 2016. Lost 46 lbs in 4 months it totally works and I’m doing it again!

• gagirl992015
    gagirl992015 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have been there and some moments feel like I am still there, but this time is different because I am different. I decided I am not giving up, bad days happen and perfection is the enemy. For me being honest with myself and everyday showing up is what I am doing. I started at 274 and lost someone I love to ALS 5 mos after diagnosis. I gained a little back, but showed up as much as I could during prep for the funeral only a month and a half into losing weight. I have decided to just keep coming back to the why, don’t go more than two days without tracking when the depression hits, and walk or run into my feelings.

Feel free to add me. I have lost 20 lbs on my journey and plan on sticking around for the long haul.
  • SilverLuma
    SilverLuma Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    This is my exact situation. I've successfully logged my food for a week now and am trying to keep it up! Hoping this time sticks. I would like to lose 100 lbs.