Sugar??

Options
LH2011
LH2011 Posts: 176 Member
I don't have sugar listed in my diary but after reading something I had a little look my daily allowance is 40 and I am normally around 75-80 each day should this be something I should minding?? I am always under in calories and carbs and sodium and about average maybe sometimes over on protein and fiber??

How bad is the sugar I have a very sweet tooth and have cut back majorly since joining MFP were I used to have 3/4 biscuit with my coffee now its only the one. I would find it hard to cut back anymore I still want to enjoy my food. I am at my goal weight and maintaining well should I just ignor the sugar???

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I was told by a diabetic nutritionist not to worry about sugar, count carbs. As long as the sugar is coming from whole healthy foods and not processed refined sugars. If your goal numbers are good don't worry.
  • alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Depends on where you are getting the sugar from. Fruit sugar shouldn't really be counted. Carbs turn to sugar so depends on the carbs you are getting.
  • realitybytez
    Options
    I was told by a diabetic nutritionist not to worry about sugar, count carbs. As long as the sugar is coming from whole healthy foods and not processed refined sugars. If your goal numbers are good don't worry.

are kraft jet-puffed marshmallows considered whole healthy foods? lol
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    Sugar is sugar. Regardless of where it comes from. The difference is the nutrients and water that come with fruit as opposed to no nutrients in refined sugars (I don't say fiber because my gut is doing much better with less fiber - at least no more fiber from whole grains). But the sugar is the same. All sugars and carbs regardless of how "complex' are broken down into simple sugars by the body and raise glucose levels in the blood.

When I would have oatmeal and an apple for breakfast I would be starving and weak and shaky 2 hours later from the 'crash'. Now I normally have 3 whole eggs and 4 pieces of natural uncured bacon and I am full all day.