Airfryer

Options
What's your favorite food to put in the airfryer?

Replies

• pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Literally everything no lie...
    But I put a big skin on leftover turkey leg last night it got soooooo crispy😍🙌🏻 while also draining some of the fat. I also made asparagus “fries” yesterday along with roasted squash and Mahi Mahi. Today I’m making a high protein chocolate pumpkin bread in it...etc literally....I use it for everything. But I do prefer putting fatty cuts of meat and vegggies in there to crisp up nicely and also drain some fat
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I cook and/or reheat just about everything in mine too. I got it in April and I may have turned my oven on twice since then--probably for a frozen pizza or casserole or something that was just too big for the airfryer oven. A favorite of mine is chicken wings--so fast and crispy!
  • Farrell73
    Farrell73 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    But I put a big skin on leftover turkey leg last night it got soooooo crispy😍🙌🏻 while also draining some of the fat. I also made asparagus “fries” yesterday along with roasted squash and Mahi Mahi. Today I’m making a high protein chocolate pumpkin bread in it...etc literally....I use it for everything. But I do prefer putting fatty cuts of meat and vegggies in there to crisp up nicely and also drain some fat

Do you have a recipe for the chocolate pumpkin bread?
  • navdeeprana
    navdeeprana Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Marinated chicken breast......my everyday dinner
  • rdmitch
    rdmitch Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Pita bread pizza, fries and chicken .
    Works great and so much faster than heating up the oven.
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options

OMG that is genius!
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Nothing and I do mean there is nothing that a small convection oven cannot do, that this does and more.
    I will never ever recommend an air fryer to anyone. Get something like a Breville Smart oven pro and you can air fry just as well if not better plus bake, roast, toast, slow cook etc.

We have an air fryer I got in an office drawing, we use it and are happy with results, but I agree with you. If I were going out to buy one I would step up to a counter top convection oven. Most are higher capacity and more functional. Even though they have a bigger physical footprint, the true footprint is about the same since you want the area around either one clear.

EDIT - It's funny how things are red hot early on and then just become take-it-or-leave-it small appliances over time. Presto electric skillets, indoor grills, electrifying hot dog cookers, George Foreman griddles (that was round 2 on that product), air fryers and Instant Pots. The microwave is about the only true game changer in my lifetime.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Farrell73 wrote: »

Do you have a recipe for the chocolate pumpkin bread?

Here’s how the protein pumpkin bread with a high protein cream cheese frosting came out💪🏻 and honestly I kinda just throw some ingredients together. No specific recipe or site. I’ll post it on the high volume thread probably later so go check that out. 50+ grams of protein in this whole thing and it’s less than 450 cals

lgsj2rczwq8f.jpeg
    4yqq0oiihwxk.jpeg
  • shunggie
    shunggie Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking about an Instatpot. I love my crock pot and this just seems like a faster version. I've never used a pressure cooker but have heard the nightmare stories and have always avoided them.
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    shunggie wrote: »
    I've been thinking about an Instatpot. I love my crock pot and this just seems like a faster version. I've never used a pressure cooker but have heard the nightmare stories and have always avoided them.

Pressure cookers have pressure relief devices on all but the most ancient ones. They have a dime size hole in the lid with a plastic stopper of sorts that will fail well before the pressure will blow the lid off. The explosions are pretty much a thing of the past but burns aren't. People take off the rocker and get a shot of high pressure steam to the side of the hand or happen to be too close when high pressure pops the plastic stopper. Both are caused by user error, but we are human.

I left Teflon and copper off my list of kitchen marvels...

The food processor is here to stay. Bread makers? Kind of; a lot get used weekly for a month, monthly for a season and then gather dust.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options

Pressure cookers have pressure relief devices on all but the most ancient ones. They have a dime size hole in the lid with a plastic stopper of sorts that will fail well before the pressure will blow the lid off. The explosions are pretty much a thing of the past but burns aren't. People take off the rocker and get a shot of high pressure steam to the side of the hand or happen to be too close when high pressure pops the plastic stopper. Both are caused by user error, but we are human.

The food processor is here to stay. Bread makers? Kind of; a lot get used weekly for a month, monthly for a season and then gather dust.

I used to be terrified of pressure cookers because I grew up with the old fashioned version with that little valve that would spin around. The new ones though, as mentioned above - AWESOME. I use mine every week for beans and am not scared of it at all.

I have been considering an air fryer (I have some points on the supermarket points thingy so can get one for free) but never know if worth it or not...
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Cahgetsfit wrote: »

I used to be terrified of pressure cookers because I grew up with the old fashioned version with that little valve that would spin around. The new ones though, as mentioned above - AWESOME. I use mine every week for beans and am not scared of it at all.

I have been considering an air fryer (I have some points on the supermarket points thingy so can get one for free) but never know if worth it or not...

I’d think carefully about the value of any single-use appliance. I have a Cuisineart countertop oven that is an air fryer, but also warms, bakes, broils, and toasts with conventional and convection options. I use at least one of those functions most days. It’s highly unlikely that I’d need or use just an air fryer that often.
  • amy19355
    amy19355 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »

Thats for the stove top and some where not used properly would explode and burn people. Instant pot will replace your slow cooker but you dont have to pressure cook with it. You can also just use it as a slow cooker / crockpot.

Slow cooking and pressure
    Cooking achieve different results, in my experience.

I loved my 3qt instant pot so much that I added the 6 qt to my kitchen. I often use them both , but nearly every day use at least one.

Cooking and reheating both.