feeling like a failure

Options
so ive been feeling down on myself i havnt been able to get back on track. this just makes me feel worst and like a failure i've gained 3 pounds i really need a kick in the a** or somthing before this gets out of hand :sad:

Replies

• kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Just remember, " A year from now you will wish you had started today"!!! I go by that every single day! Even when I have bad days I think of that and I get back on track immediately! Do you really want to diet again next year and the year after that? Take control fo your life now and do it!!!!
  • lucythe
    lucythe Posts: 33
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up, you are more than your weight. You need to believe that you're worth it, that you deserve to be healthier and you don't have to wait to be thinner to be happy. Have an attitude adjustment and be proud of things you've already accomplished in your life. If you don't believe in yourself, no one else will. Change your name to something like I am confident or have confidence, something positive. The mind is such a powerful thing. You are way to young to give up on yourself. You can do this, lots of support on this site.
  • Slimntrim90
    Options
    There is just one thing keeping you from turning your failure into success...........turn around and head in the other direction! That in itself is success!
  • Andee08
    Andee08 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Every few months I seem to naturally take 1 week off to give myself a break. I don't go crazy, I just don't track so that I feel I took some time off and then I get right back into it.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Here it comes....you're official kick in the pants. get moving again. you can do this. add me as a friend if you'd like!
  • dunsu47
    dunsu47 Posts: 13
    Options
    Since I am unable to do high kicks anymore you are safe from me. However... shake off the past an start bright and new... you can do this and I too will be your friend...
  • ItsMeLori
    ItsMeLori Posts: 346
    Options
    If you try and remember it is a lifestyle change not a quick fix it makes it easier. It has taken my sinse February but I know I am getting fit and over time I will get the weight off and make my goal.

Don't get down on yourself. Take measurements and pics, they make you feel better. Eat as clean as you can and it will make it all a bit faster.

Good Luck
  • Seginns
    Seginns Posts: 39
    Options
    I felt the same way about six weeks ago and started eating whatever without regard for calories. I had been losing about 1/2 pound per week and hit a plateau, felt like a total failure and indulged. I erased three months of hard work in two weeks, gaining back everything I'd lost. I'm now focused solely on eating a good diet (with some daily treats) and am back on track, generally eating 1300 to 1600 calories per day. I don't weigh myself daily like I once did, just weekly, and if the scales have moved, great. If not, I at least know that what I put into my body is healthy and will keep me feeling good in the long run.

Don't feel like a failure. Just change your focus.
  • SetecAstronomy
    SetecAstronomy Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    so ive been feeling down on myself i havnt been able to get back on track. this just makes me feel worst and like a failure i've gained 3 pounds i really need a kick in the a** or somthing before this gets out of hand :sad:

Kick... (_|_)

And lucky for you, Lucy didn't move it right at the last second... ;)
  • HangoverSquare
    HangoverSquare Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Well, you're not a failure. But, kapeluza was spot-on: take control of your life now!

Just think, in three months time, you could shed 20+ pounds. Imagine how good that will feel? Personally, I can't wait.

Everyone has their ups and downs when working toward a goal. When you finally reach it, then you'll prove to yourself that you can obtain anything with a bit of hard work.
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    you only fail if you quit. Don't quit. Get back on the horse and keep on trying. Don't quit and end up even more miserable.
  • meliturtlee
    Options
    You can do it :) MFP will give you the support and tools you need for this huge yet rewarding lifestyle change! You can do it and the best part is, your still at it. Keep your head up. The hardest part for me is to stop being perfect. Im going to make mistakes and sometimes fall off the bandwagon but it doesn't mean I can't get back up. I believe in you and you should too!!
  • porterbaby38
    porterbaby38 Posts: 1,401
    Options
    that's the way i have been feeling lately and i gained 14lbs.
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Awww hun. Trust me, we've all been there. You have to remember that even though we'd all love to reach our goal by a certain date, this is not a race. So you gained 3 pounds; that's nowhere near how much you've lost so far! Decide that tomorrow's a new day and that you will get back on track.

My own personal thing recently is that I've only lost 1 pound in the last 3 weeks. Now it could be because I just got off of my period or it could be that my screw up days have finally caught up with me. So instead of me feeling like a loser for losing so little (heh) I decided to do something different that I haven't done in awhile consistently - work out. I usually just watch my calories/carbs with exercise thrown in whenever I'm in the mood. Yesterday, I decided I'm going to work out a minimum of 4 days a week from now on, no excuses.

So find something that you haven't done yet to change your frame of mind. Perhaps, working out more, working out less, having a few less carbs than usual, cutting out any sweets, etc, and stick with it for 2 weeks without one cheat day. Your mentality will change for the better and you'll be right back in it. Private message me if you need more advice; I've been in your shoes and know exactly how you feel. :flowerforyou: