Meal delivery plans

Options
I'm curious about all these meal delivery plans that have started popping up all over the place. Has anyone tried any and do you have a favorite? I gave Hellofresh a try and while it was ok, the recipes were quick and easy and pretty good, I wasn't terribly enthused. That being said, I've signed up for Daily Harvest, the smoothie delivery, and absolutely love it!

Replies

• RBracken34
    RBracken34 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    This is a little late, but I LOOOVE my Daily Harvest cups. We did Plated for a little while, which is similar to Blue Apron or Hello Fresh. It was awesome, but between all the other stuff keeping us busy we ended up not cooking everything we got or resented having to cook. Daily Harvest makes staying on track really easy and the fact that it’s mostly all real food is a huge bonus.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,910 Member
    Options
    I looked into meal delivery plans but wasn't excited about the recipes.

I do love getting grocery delivery from Whole Foods. The minimum order is now $35, and between meat and protein powder, I have no problem hitting that. And I often get a $5 coupon from No Rush Prime that I can use to pay for the tip, but if not, I still save the time driving to and from the store.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    i tried homechef and yeah, it was nice but too $$ and honestly many of the recipes while nice, were too time-consuming to make - i don't have 60-90min to make dinner most nights
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    My mother-in-law gave us a HelloFresh box once. It was hamburger with some weird onion on top. Not too exciting and not worth the money imo (at least not for that one). It also took a really long time following their directions just for a burger. Having all the ingredients already was cool though.
  • FireOpalCO
    FireOpalCO Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    We do Blue Apron. I've learned to only sign up for weeks where I see three recipes that excite me. If they are only so-so I don't get it. So we might get one every few weeks. Doing it every week was too much.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

I do love getting grocery delivery from Whole Foods. The minimum order is now $35, and between meat and protein powder, I have no problem hitting that. And I often get a $5 coupon from No Rush Prime that I can use to pay for the tip, but if not, I still save the time driving to and from the store.

Are you a prime member? Whole Foods is a 30 minute or more drive for me. Love the tip for the tip. Lol

ETA. I just ordered food for our next two dinners, oh yea, this is perfect for me. Thank you.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,910 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

Are you a prime member? Whole Foods is a 30 minute or more drive for me. Love the tip for the tip. Lol

ETA. I just ordered food for our next two dinners, oh yea, this is perfect for me. Thank you.

Yup, I'm a Prime member. This week 85% ground beef and chuck stew beef are on sale, and there is an extra discount on those for Prime members :smiley:

I'm going to make beef bourguignon in my crock pot with the stew meat and try https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/50233/black-pepper-beef-and-cabbage-stir-fry/ with some of the ground beef.

The Whole Foods Prime Now inventory can be weird - I am positive they have cabbage in the store but was not able to order it online.

Ever since I got a grapefruit instead of an orange I put No Substitutions on everything (in the Cart) so if they send me the wrong thing it's easier to get a refund.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    i cooked a hellofresh for a friend. it was nice and easy and had good flavor. if i felt rushed or inconfident with my cooking abilities, i could see using it if i had the extra money
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I signed up for goodfood.ca figuring I'd take advantage of their discounted pricing on the 1st three deliveries. Even then it was a bit pricey but the 1st order arrived and it was pretty good, the ingredient were of good quality and the recipes easy to follow. Week 2 the box simply didn't show up on the due day and I had to fight with the company too get a refund (apparently this is a problem they've had with whatever courier company they use) and that was the end of the relationship....