New Mother

Options
I am a new mother, my daughter will be 4 months on August 22nd. I am 5'7" and currently 160. I plan on losing 20lbs. at first and than more if needed. I am making my own diet plan and work out plan, but taking ideas I like from Women's Health. I would love to talk to other mothers about their strategies! But anyone should feel free to contact me! :)

Replies

• Maya_Erin
    Options
    Hi I'm maya.. I'm a new mommy too. Aiden's 5 months.. he just turned on the 16th. I'm with you! I was 162 before getting pregnant now i'm 209, which sucks. I'm new to the site.. but it's been really helpful!! You can do it!!!
  • solflyer81
    solflyer81 Posts: 119
    Options
    I m not a new mom but I am a mother of 2 daughters (8 and 9). Glad to see you hear and feel free to add me for support, ideas, chat or w/e : ) Welcome to MFP this place rocks.
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    Not sure which one to reply to but.... :D

Welcome to MFP!

Good luck with your goals! Keep motivated and you'll reach 20 lbs in no time!
  • caripta85
    caripta85 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    new mama here too, feel free to add me! We can help encourage/supporte each other!
  • enigma2546
    Options
    I'm a new mother as well, my daughter will turn 3 months tomorrow, feel free to add me as welll, most definitly need the motivation ! i was 183 before i got pregnant, 265 at the end, and now am 239, its a big goal but i'm determined no matter how long it takes to get back to my pre pregnancy state!!! I keep falling off the bandwagon, and stogging myself full of terrible foods, i'd love some words of wisdom, anything will give me that push :)
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I'm a new mother as well, my daughter will turn 3 months tomorrow, feel free to add me as welll, most definitly need the motivation ! i was 183 before i got pregnant, 265 at the end, and now am 239, its a big goal but i'm determined no matter how long it takes to get back to my pre pregnancy state!!! I keep falling off the bandwagon, and stogging myself full of terrible foods, i'd love some words of wisdom, anything will give me that push :)

I was 275 when I gave birth and I am now 222 and I have been here for about a month and a half, this is a great place for support, you can do this!
  • enigma2546
    Options
    Thanks :) , every chance my daughter's asleep, or sitting content, i find myself on here gives me a ltitle push every comment i get :)
  • Jd_jaquez
    Jd_jaquez Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Well I'm not that new of a mommy anymore :-) I have a 5 year old girl and a 13 month old boy... When I had my son I stayed at 193 pounds from 145 pre preggo now I'm down to 133lbs MFP is a big help add me if you'd like... I'm only 5'3" btw :-)
  • enigma2546
    Options
    wow i'm 5'11 haha.