Weight loss stall celebration

Options
Hi all just thought I'd share on here my most recent success on my weight loss. My goal weight is 10 stone and I'm currently stalled at 12.2 and have been for 12 weeks but I'm super happy about it! I know what I'm doing wrong and know how to fix it but at the moment I've chosen not to. The reason I'm happy about it as this time last year I was stuck at 14.2 stone and had been for a year. Not every set back or stall has to be negative if you don't want it to be, Look how far you have come and your life ahead X thanks for letting me share X

Replies

• Bobble11
    Bobble11 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    This is absolutely the right way to think about it. You haven't lost but you haven't gained!

I think it's more frustrating when you're trying to lose weight and you stall but if you choose to stay where you are then you're not failing. You're winning! It's an inspirational story for newbies.
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I have the same experience - compared to my meal plan and exercise 9 month ago when I started to get serious about my weight loss lots of things have changed. I basically couldn't walk - now I can do about 2 hours. Initially I started on a low carbs meal plan - about 15 to 20 % of total macros. By now I am between 25 and 30 % carbs, about 30 % fats and 40 % protein which currently suits me best. I record all food and drinks on MFP and stick to their suggested daily 1740 calories. It does not feel like a "diet" but a very long term, healthy meal plan I can happily live with. I just take it meal by meal, day by day.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    Great attitude! Unlike many who haven't had these stalls, you are also having great experience of what it is like to stay in maintenance which is a huge advantage when it comes to keeping the weight off long term.
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    I'm experiencing the same thing. Currently stuck in maintenance, and I know why it's happening. Usually that would bother me but right now I'm not fussed. Starting on the weight loss again today as ready to see some more losses :smile: good luck to you on your journey!
  • Greeny19832014
    Greeny19832014 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Amazing attitude! I'm just getting to the stage of 'forgiving myself' for stalling - I seem to do it every time I get half a stone off! - and this has really inspired me, thank you for sharing.