I miss my ambition and physical lifestyle

Options
So tired and it's only 4:30pm. The fatigue, poor concentration, forgetfulness, and weakness is taking over the quality of my life. I'm still seeking answers that have gone unanswered for almost a decade. Symptoms that I could once tolerate are now unbearable. I'm restless at night from the physical pain and mental stress of my health. Maintaining health and balance in my life has not been without it's challenges. Whether it's because income, time, motivation, discipline, or health issues. I can't seem to help myself on my own but I can't find any medical professionals who are willing to support me. I've been told by various doctors that I just need to exercise more, or eat better, or learn how to deal with stress. Then they just send me on my way to figure how to do all those things, which I have with great success in the past. Yet here I am again at another low still feeling sick and still in pain. I have all these puzzle pieces but no one has looked at the whole picture to figure out what's happening. I don't know what to do when I get results like 'Could be pathological, looks normal enough for now, follow up in 3 months' It's like they are just waiting to see if things get worse instead of preventing that from happening.

I'm so tired.

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,095 Member
    Options
    From the medical tests you've had have they checked your thyroid?
  • nstock
    nstock Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Sorry you’re experiencing this! I too have had long stretches of time where I lost my passion for health and fitness. I hope there are no underlying medical issues for you.

I’ll tell you what works for me regarding motivation. I would take it one day/week at a time. I used to go to the gym 4-5 times a week, then went down to nothing. When I got into it again, I started with 1 time a week. I would get that accomplished for 3 weeks, then add a day.

I don’t have the time I used to, to go 4-5 times a week (sometimes 2 times a day) but I have been consistently making it there 3 days a week now for a month. It’s hard, I know. But you need to drag yourself there, even if you just get 10-15 minutes the first few times.

You said the tiredness has been going on for a long time, and regular physical exercise and a healthy diet will definitely help with energy levels. Have you considered speaking to mental health professionals? Sometimes mental health conditions cause you to feel exhausted too.

Wish you the best of luck!
  • lunnon1984
    lunnon1984 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi there, so sorry that you are going through this at the moment. I have also struggles with motivation - especially when it comes to exercise. I find that forward planning is NOT the way forward for me as I will plan to go the gym on a certain day then if the day comes and I dont feel like going or can't go for whatever reason I end up beating myself up about it.
    I now just get up and go and log it afterwards rather than the other way round. This helps an awful lot and stops me from feeling bad.
    If you can, get yourself a personal trainer - they can give you a diet plan and even if you don't feel like going to the gym they can give you homework outs to complete that you can do in your own time, they are great for motivation and support also!
    I wish you the best of luck and really hope you find a solution soon :smile:
  • PugMomma4D
    PugMomma4D Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Maybe just start with a walk, preferably outside. Enjoy nature if the weather permits. Make a list of things that are good in your life (count your blessings). I would also make a list of ALL symptoms and start fresh with a new doctor. I hope today showers you with blessings!
  • britfitt94
    britfitt94 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    From the medical tests you've had have they checked your thyroid?

I actually think all of this is related to my thyroid even though my doctor doesn't agree. Conventional medical care is horrible. They are just using the watch and wait approach instead of preventative care. I have a very enlarged thyroid with several nodules and pain but since blood work is normal they are dismissing my symptoms. I have an MRI coming up and waiting to get an appointment with an Endocrinologist. Working on diet again and taking vitamins in the meantime.