50 lb to lose club

Options
Hi all- I have 50lbs to lose. Please send your best tips, success stories, and anything else that may help!

Thanks!

Replies

• MattyTee2
    MattyTee2 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    :# I have 50 to lose too! Yay!
    I did it once between 2015 and 2016 and then gained 43 of it back in 2 years.
    So best tips? Hmm...
    ---You can still eat somewhat unhealthy things. Don't fall into the pattern of no unhealthy food because you fall off the wagon a lot easier when you deny yourself that extremely.
    ---If you're working out regularly and really don't feel like going to the gym on a gym day, just go and walk on the treadmill. Even doing that instead of skipping it all together will keep you better on track.
    ---I noticed that it really came to a caloric deficit for me. I know others will disagree. You've gotta keep an eye on macros too (sugar and whatnot), but for me -- if I had a 500 calorie deficit between eating and working out each day, most weeks I would see between a 1lb and 2lb loss. I lost 50.2lbs in less than a year!
  • Tinathesioux
    Tinathesioux Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You go girl. I've gained it in about 2.5 years and it's crazy. Quite honestly- I blame being bored at work. I worked from home and i was so bored all I did was sit and eat. I've changed jobs and I just can't live like this anymore.
  • evangorr
    evangorr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Personally I loved the program developed by Michael Matthews. His book is called Thinner, Leaner, Stronger. He does a great job of giving you the basics and the facts without the extra fads. It has helped me lose 20 lbs and maintain my current eating habits and exercise habits. I wish you the best of luck!
  • rmarcus929
    rmarcus929 Posts: 1 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    81 pounds done in 10 months using Intermittent Fasting. I started out with a 16/8 window and moved to OMAD and 2mad. (one meal a day and a snack). No restrictions except for TIME. Diets have beginnings and ends so Im changing my lifestyle and eating like the thin person I want to become. That means I can eat and enjoy life...just once daily. It really is refreshing. I'm learning the difference between eating due to habit, boredom, stress and because I love to eat. Now I really enjoy my meal time. I always sit at a table to eat, no more nibbling in front of the T.V. It's to easy to "forget" you just ate several hours ago. I keep a picture journal of all my primary meals and most are made by my wife. Good luck, it's doesn't have to be hard, keep it simple. Weight didnt come on in weeks or months so don't crash the weight off. I used to do that and when the diet ended I'd go back to eating like I did when I was 300 pounds and eventually my body would fallow.