Any slimming frothy milkshake tips - pls no aggressive replies I’m fragile!

Options
40 and tired. If like to lose a little weight before Xmas and am looking for a frothy filling milkshake for breakfast and possibly lunch On a busy work day.

I tried soul shakes but they left me hungry... I love milk... any ideas? Anyone else tried a meal replacement shake with success?

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,049 Member
    Options
    Protein powder mixed with milk and your choice of fruit and/or vegetables. Spinach is pretty flavorless. Avocado is surprisingly good in vanilla protein shakes and makes them really frothy.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I found all shakes left me hungry. But maybe, like @cmriverside said, if you add protein powder, they will keep you full. Quest protein powder is pretty yummy. You can get it at GNC or on Amazon. Good luck!
  • nstock
    nstock Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    If you must have a milkshake, I would definitely add protein powder. There are tons of different flavours to choose from so it can keep it interesting too. I would recommend also eating food with different nutrients as well. Meal prepping once a week really helps for time during the week when you’re busy running around. Hard boiled eggs are great on the go, oatmeal as well
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i'd work on the being tired and not having time to meal prep ahead of trying to find a low calorie and filling shake (cos that probably doesn't exist)
  • juststartedrunningagain
    Options
    Thanks folks!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    Ps I’m working on the tired bit but could someone have a word with the kids - they’re not helping!

How old are they and how many? If they're old enough to start doing chores and helping around the house then the sooner you get them in the habit of doing their fair share the better (for you and them).