3 weeks and no change

Options
Hi, I’ve started using MFP to try to lose weight for my wedding. I’m 135lb and I’d love to get down to 125lb. I’m very active: I hike 3-4 days per week, do the peloton bike 3-4 days per week, do lagree resistance training 3 times per week and then some hiit training. I like to mix it up but I typically do 2 hours per day 6-7 days per week.

I’ve tried a few things on MFP. I’ve tried just eating 1600 calories per day straight up. I’ve tried setting my goal to 1200 calories per day and then eating some (not all) of my exercise calories back. I haven’t lost any weight. I’m feeling frustrated.

Replies

• raven56706
    raven56706 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    turc215 wrote: »
    Hi, I’ve started using MFP to try to lose weight for my wedding. I’m 135lb and I’d love to get down to 125lb. I’m very active: I hike 3-4 days per week, do the peloton bike 3-4 days per week, do lagree resistance training 3 times per week and then some hiit training. I like to mix it up but I typically do 2 hours per day 6-7 days per week.

I’ve tried a few things on MFP. I’ve tried just eating 1600 calories per day straight up. I’ve tried setting my goal to 1200 calories per day and then eating some (not all) of my exercise calories back. I haven’t lost any weight. I’m feeling frustrated.

Look for the Accountability Squad on Facebook. Many pelotoners on there and can help you keep up with rides and challenges.
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Weight can do weird things when you are only trying to lose a few pounds. I am trying to lose 10 to get back to my good weight and am set to lose 1/2 pound a week. The scale showed I lost 1/2 pound over a whole month. Then the Sunday after Thanksgiving (of all times), the scale shows I'm down 3 pounds and it has stayed off.

Pick a goal, stick with it and see what happens over about six weeks.