Help I can’t stop eating

Options
I know it is a little bit of depression and harder to lose because of my medication. But I really need help. I have talked to my doctor and we are working i it. But I feel awful.

Jennifer.

Replies

• atarlentinoNY77
    atarlentinoNY77 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Jennifer,

We all have our own struggles...none of us are devoid of that - you are not alone.

As Kim said...the most important thing is to log [everything]. The good, the bad and the ugly to know what your baseline is. When I started my journey over 6 years ago it was tough to see it, but the information gave me something to work from and begin to shift in small phases.

I wish you the best of luck with your personal journey! Know that there is an entire community here for you...
  • SoozeE512
    SoozeE512 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Trying to work on mindfulness could help. Try to stick with regular snack and meals times, and question your hunger for anything in between -- when you find yourself reaching for food at an unusual time, pause for a moment and ask yourself if you are actually hungry or if you are eating for comfort.

If the answer is 'for comfort', instead of eating, take a moment to write down in a journal what you are feeling and what you think might be making you feel that way. Afterward, find some calming activity to find comfort in and distract you from eating unnecessarily -- maybe getting involved in a hobby, playing a game, reading, listening to music, meditating, or doing some light exercise like doing yoga or going for a walk outside will help to keep you from overeating.

I hope you and your doctor are able to find what works to make you feel better. :)