TOM and NOT hungry~

SDV219
SDV219 Posts: 106
edited October 1 in Health and Weight Loss
I searched the past posts and couldn't find anything that matched.

When I get my period, I'm either starving or not hungry at all. Usually the week before I crave either salty or sweet foods, and go with it each month.

This month I am not hungry at all ... I can't even manage to get more than 4 waters down due to the bloating feeling. I haven't been eating all my calories, but have continued to exercise.

What should I do? I don't want to shock my body into starvation mode ... I even ate a whole cup of pasta tonight and trust me, that was super filling.

Any suggestions?? Thanks for any advice.

Replies

• right at this second I'm on the same situation...I usually binge during TOM's visit but this time I hard to force myself to eat 1100 calories..I'm kind worried too :( no starvation mode for me...I'm thinking to go easier on my cardio until this situation is over ..actually is the first time I felt no hungry at all..I'm a big eater trust me.
  • andreahanlon
    andreahanlon Posts: 263 Member
    Starvation mode won't happen in a week. It happens over a prolonged period of time. You'll be fine. Wait it out and when your period stops, most likely your appetite will come back. And as a fellow female, I also add: stupid hormones! Hang in there. I bet this one will work itself out in a few days.
  • Listen to your body. You will definitely get your appetite back. You will not go into starvation mode that fast anyways. Don't force yourself to eat just because your computer tells you to.
  • SDV219
    SDV219 Posts: 106
    Thanks for the replies ... seems like I'm bouncing back! ;) It was just worrying me b/c the day I posted I was really feeling fuller than full and had only eaten around 500 calories ... and the day before less than 1000 as well. Little by little ... it'll all work itself out!
This discussion has been closed.