Cucumbers?

Options
Krohnie
Krohnie Posts: 286 Member
Anybody have any idea what I can do with all the cukes I have from my garden? I've got refrigerator pickles covered, but any other ideas? Like a salad maybe? I have to do something with them!

Replies

• futbolkt21
    Options
    cucumber tomato salad...mmmmmmm
  • ostera15
    ostera15 Posts: 23
    Options
    I second the tomato cucumber salad, with mint is yummy!
  • saadler
    saadler Posts: 116
    Options
    I absolutely love just cutting them into strips and eating them with a little salt. It's one of my favorite snacks ever.
  • idiocracy
    idiocracy Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Cucumber, tomato, olive oil, salt, pepper and FETA CHEESE!!! Awesome!!!!!
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    cucumber tomato salad...mmmmmmm

this, with good feta and extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic power, and oregano

Edit: elenakero I like the way you think!
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Sliced with a little fat free dressing of your choice. I also like a nice cucumber sandwich every couple of years. Bread, a smidge of light mayo or light buttery spread and cukes. You could also do sliced cukes and radishes and onions-or just cukes and onions with fat free italian dressing. A tablespoon or less for one large cuke and a small onion. The liquid in the cukes help distribute the dressing. Stir well.
    How about fat free Greek yogurt, a little onion, a little fresh dill and sliced or diced cukes? Sort of a tziki (sp?) salad.
  • hnwebb82
    hnwebb82 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Cucumber slices dipped in Tzatziki Sauce (made with cucumbers). Mmmmmmmm..........
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Soup.
  • chicago_dad
    Options
    Cucumber, tomato, olive oil, salt, pepper and FETA CHEESE!!! Awesome!!!!!

AWESOME IDEA!!
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    baby cucs? PICKLES! I make THE best pickles ever! My niece HATED dill pickles, till she tried mine ! She ate the whole jar! :)
  • SaraBeth4skinnyme
    Options
    If you slice the cucumbers and liberally douse in lemon juice and Tony's Chacheres Original Creole seasoning, it provides a similar taste to salt and vinegar potato chips with a slight spicy kick. Low cal, get taste. And, it satisifies the craving for crunchy/salty snacks.
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue, every day I've been eating lots of cucumbers and tomatoes. HEHE.

I like making a cucumber salad. So simple and easy to do....

Peel and chop the cucumber (I prefer to peel but if you like the skins that is fine.)
    Chop up a bunch of fresh parsley (I also have that in abundance in the garden)
    Squeeze 1-2 limes onto the cucumber/ parsley mixture.
    Hit with a dash of salt and freshly ground pepper.
    Stir and enjoy.
    ***I have found that if you cover and leave in the fridge for a few hours, the flavor gets better. But not necessary to do so.

Another option is making cucumber water. You can make by the glass or pitcher, your choice.
    If making a glass, thinly slice a cucumber and place one slice in your water. If making a pitcher you may have to add a few thinly sliced pieces of cucumber. I usually make by the glass because my hubby will not drink it.
  • JatieKo621
    JatieKo621 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I am lately obsessed with cucumber sandwiches on multi grain sandwich thins (only 100 cal per roll) with nonfat greek yogurt mixed with sriracha chili sauce. I love spicy, and the yogurt + sriracha mixture tastes like spicy mayo, like the kind that comes on sushi rolls. Its delish! And I am a big texture differences fan (something soft with something crunchy) so the cucumbers give me the nice crunch mixed with the softness of the bread!

mmm yeah now I am gonna go make one :)

(It reminds me of putting potato chips on sandwiches which I always used to do)
  • mindy14456
    mindy14456 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    definitely cucumber tomato salad, little red onion for zip, yum!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Definitely cucumbers, onions, sour cream/greek yogurt (your preference), salt and pepper, and dill! It's my Aunt Evelyn's recipe and I love it!
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Every woman over 18 should have a nice sized cucumber in her refrigerator.
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Cucumber - With peel, raw, 3 cucumber (8-1/4")
    Red Onion - Raw, 6 slices cut in qtrs again.
    Bertolli - Evoo, 2 tsp
    Regina - Fine Red Wine Vinegar, 1/2cup
    C&H - Pure Cane Sugar- Golden Brown, 1/8
    Earthfare - Diced Pimentos, 1/8 cup
    Spices - Garlic powder, 1 tsp
    Spices - Pepper, black, 1 tsp
    Oregano - 2tsp or Italian seasoning 3tsp.

You can play with it too. I've done it with Chipolte/Ranch and greek dresing with Feta. Can't wait for our to get crazy got the first two off of plants yesterday, love fresh from the garden.
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I second the tomato cucumber salad, with mint is yummy!

I make it with mint some times too! Or I will use cilantro. Which ever herb I have the most of in my garden at the time. So delish!
  • husker_gal
    husker_gal Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    slice them thinly then salt them lightly wait 30 minutes...drain the excess water out then add a little apple cider vinegar. let them soak for a while and enjoy!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Chop cucumbers, white onion and cilantro, mix in lime juice and a little bit of salt. YUM