avoiding nonclean foods.

Options
so I'm aware of all the nasty additives in my food, but I struggle with avoiding them. They're in everything! And I live with my parents & my mom cooks dinner every night. It's just such a struggle. Even when I lived on my own. I'd love to eat completely clean, but it just doesn't seem to happen. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• soknurdy
    soknurdy Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Cut the portions. Just ask your mom if you can serve yourself, she's done so much work cooking already. (o: Or make dinner for them a few times a week so they can see what kind of foods you prefer to eat.
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    Well the biggest (and somewhat snarkiest) tip is to not buy any foods with more than one ingredient. :happy:

Eating clean is generally a tradeoff in that you have to invest more time in cooking and food prep (and probably money) to reap the benefits.

Edit to say that I agree with the previous poster about trying to take charge of dinner a couple nights a week. Or try to nudge your mom in the direction of not cooking out of a box but cooking from real foods. Maybe pass along some of Tosca Reno's recipes and say "Hey... This looks good." (Obviously I have no idea how the meal situation really works in your home so I'm just tossing out ideas.)
  • jaunelle
    jaunelle Posts: 10
    Options
    Cook the food for yourself; trade off cooking with mom and try and introduce her to a healthier lifestyle. Make sure you're eating at intervals, so that you don't binge.
  • AmandaB4588
    Options
    Watch Food Inc. and show it to your fam--- that's how I got my household on board with clean(er) eating!
  • michelletyler38
    michelletyler38 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Watch Food Inc. and show it to your fam--- that's how I got my household on board with clean(er) eating!

I've seen it! Haha that's awesome! Thanks everyone! Great ideas!