Best shaker cups?

Options
For those of you that drink protein shakes, what is your favorite shaker cups? I know that there is no way that I will use and clean my blender every day to make a smoothie, so I need a quick easy alternative. Bonus points if I can buy them on Amazon!

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I like the cups that have the blender ball, and a tight snap closure. Blender Bottle is the brand, I got mine at Wal-Mart: https://www.walmart.com/ip/BlenderBottle-20oz-Classic-Shaker-Cup-with-Wire-Whisk-BlenderBall-and-Carrying-Loop-Full-Color-Black/44191452
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I like the ball that is spring like. I don't like to pay much as I use the dishwasher and consider all of them eventually disposable as they well start to lose their seal over time. I mention the dishwasher because they have a longer lifespan if hand washed, but between laziness and concern about getting them properly sanitized I use the dishwasher.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I have a Blender Bottle branded one too, it's good for just protein powder and liquid but I don't think you could really make a smoothie in it, just FYI.
  • yode1
    yode1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have a Blender Bottle branded one too, it's good for just protein powder and liquid but I don't think you could really make a smoothie in it, just FYI.

Yup- just wanting for powder and liquid. Thank you!
  • yode1
    yode1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I like the ball that is spring like. I don't like to pay much as I use the dishwasher and consider all of them eventually disposable as they well start to lose their seal over time. I mention the dishwasher because they have a longer lifespan if hand washed, but between laziness and concern about getting them properly sanitized I use the dishwasher.

It sounds like we have similar attitudes towards cup care
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Keep them top rack only and they should do ok.
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    Keep them top rack only and they should do ok.

Yeah, except sometimes I would forget them (past tense as I have pretty much switched to protein bars) in the car or office or wherever, so I would press the button on the dishwasher to use water as hot as the surface of the sun.