Belly Expansion

Options
I don't know if it's just me but when I wake up in the morning my belly area is relatively flat, but during the end of the day after iv drak water and eaten (not stuffed myself) there's a huge expansion. Is this just me?

Replies

• taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    nope
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    pregnant
  • margieward82
    margieward82 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I have a major problem with this! like a for real, interrupts my day type problem DR said to take probiotic but hasn't made a huge difference. If you find a solution, please let me know! I get teased "where else will the food go?" "Maybe its gas!" "eat smaller meals" ...nope no real solution! :(
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    when you sleep you breathe a lot and that usually gets rid of a bit of water weight you have...then you typically drink water and eat food which make you seem bloated. funny stuff!
  • JeremiahStone
    JeremiahStone Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    pregnant
    O_o dang it
  • Bsp120167
    Bsp120167 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I don't eat too much until dinner but drink a lot of water, coffee, tea, etc. After my workout I am usually down as I sweat a lot. Do you workout morning or night? I figure I lose most of any water bloat during my workout.
  • jaybee25
    jaybee25 Posts: 117
    Options
    Arrrgh totally havae the same problem!!
  • muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Sometimes...it's the way we stand...our posture will also make our tummy "bloat" out....Drinking water, eating our foods..they all have that effect on your body.......
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it's just me but when I wake up in the morning my belly area is relatively flat, but during the end of the day after iv drak water and eaten (not stuffed myself) there's a huge expansion. Is this just me?

Is it your TOM? :noway:
  • idiocracy
    idiocracy Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    You are not the only one. Don't fret over it. Drink lots of water and keep exercising. It may also be the food you eat, some cause...aham...gas :bigsmile: .
  • JeremiahStone
    Options
    I don't eat too much until dinner but drink a lot of water, coffee, tea, etc. After my workout I am usually down as I sweat a lot. Do you workout morning or night? I figure I lose most of any water bloat during my workout.
    I try to do some light workouts in the morning and then leave the heavy stuff for the evening.
  • pope369
    pope369 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    pregnant

It maybe a bad strategy to ask a serious question on a Cowboy/Cowgirl Friday.

Just sayin'
  • sweetchick06
    sweetchick06 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Nothing worse then squeezing into a shirt or pants that just about fit you in the morning and then later during the day it looks like it shrank two sizes!
  • PenTool
    PenTool Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this will help, but I used to have the same problem. But since I've changed my eating habits, it seems to have resolved itself.

I used to eat a LOT of bread, pasta, rice, potatoes...I loved anything starchy. When I started my diet (in early June 2011), I completely cut out all bread, pasta, rice, and potatoes. Not for any reason other than trying to cut out simple carbs. The side result, which surprised me, was no more stomach bloating. My friend said I might have a low-grade case of celiac...but anyway...try it out for a few weeks and see how it works for you.

Actually, I do I eat bread maybe once a day, and it's Arnold Multigrain Sandwich Thins. One bun for a sandwich and it's only 110 cals. Other than that, no other bread, rice, pasta, or potatoes.
  • JeremiahStone
    Options

Is it your TOM? :noway:
    Im a guy..
  • sakus32
    sakus32 Posts: 101
    Options
    Sometimes feeling bloated and actually having your abdomen bloat are two different things. I would look at your food diary closely to see if what you are eating is encouraging your body to retain fluid. I would not consider a daily shift from normal flat to noticeably distended normal at all. I would encourage you or anyone experiencing this, to bug their doctor. Keep a food diary and a note your bowel/GI habits to see if that might give some insight. Going in w/the most information might keep your healthcare provider from blowing you off and making sure that everything is working ok. Good luck.
  • JeremiahStone
    Options
    pregnant

Just sayin'
    Haha I'm a Texan so I should have knew that. Darn it!
  • pope369
    pope369 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    pregnant

Just sayin'
    Haha I'm a Texan so I should have knew that. Darn it!

I like your style, Kid!

When I was your age, my biggest concern was gaining weight, not losing it. But, even then, I wish I had had half the faith that I see in you. Read Matthew 6:28; "And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin" [New International Version (©1984)] . . . my point is, that, at age 18, you have so much more going for you than you can ever imagine. Your being 10 lbs "overweight" is a mere trifle. God will provide, and you have time, so, so much time. Believe me, it gets better!
  • lennykat
    lennykat Posts: 89
    Options
    I don't know if this will help, but I used to have the same problem. But since I've changed my eating habits, it seems to have resolved itself.

I used to eat a LOT of bread, pasta, rice, potatoes...I loved anything starchy. When I started my diet (in early June 2011), I completely cut out all bread, pasta, rice, and potatoes. Not for any reason other than trying to cut out simple carbs. The side result, which surprised me, was no more stomach bloating. My friend said I might have a low-grade case of celiac...but anyway...try it out for a few weeks and see how it works for you.

Actually, I do I eat bread maybe once a day, and it's Arnold Multigrain Sandwich Thins. One bun for a sandwich and it's only 110 cals. Other than that, no other bread, rice, pasta, or potatoes.

^^^^^^^yep true.

I just recently cut out bread and pasta and crackers and stuff like that-- not so much because of my weight loss efforts because I plain 'ole felt like **it. In the past two weeks my belly is WORLDS better, my PJs aren't shrinking in the middle of the night anymore!! Yeah!!:smile:

On another note, a colorectal surgeon told me that taking a fiber supplement would change my life-- BUT BUT BUT I have to eat yogurt too. He says despite the commercials for both kinds of product-- one DOES NOT work without the other.

So yeah-maybe TMI but I don't look 6 months pregnant anymore, and if I were a guy, looking like that would majorly suck! So maybe try those two things and see how you feel.
  • JeremiahStone
    Options
    I like your style, Kid!

When I was your age, my biggest concern was gaining weight, not losing it. But, even then, I wish I had had half the faith that I see in you. Read Matthew 6:28; "And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin" [New International Version (©1984)] . . . my point is, that, at age 18, you have so much more going for you than you can ever imagine. Your being 10 lbs "overweight" is a mere trifle. God will provide, and you have time, so, so much time. Believe me, it gets better!
    Haha thanks brother!