Liquid/ soft diet need help on ideas.

Options
Good morning everyone. Sorry in advance if this is TMI. So I have a a broken filling that can’t be fixed until next week,due to funds. I’ve tried chewing on the good side for some time but now it’s not working. Anyone have a good ideas on food wise? When I think of certain things I just think high calorie city and not very filling. I’ve had luck with the straw. Not the ideal thing but I don’t have much options.

Replies

• Copper_Boom
    Copper_Boom Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Ripe bananas, yogurt, applesauce, cottage cheese, soup, smoothies. Hope you are feeling better soon!
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    When I got my wisdom tooth removed, I lived on creamy soups, mashed potatoes, yogurt, applesauce, and banana/greens/protein powder smoothies for several days. I couldn't eat cottage cheese, oatmeal, or soups with noodles because they could get stuck in the wound, but you could probably eat those too. Feel better!
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,150 Member
    Options
    Smoothies, soups, scramble eggs and/or egg whites, mashed potatoes, apple sauce, cream of wheat, oatmeal

Dentist don't recommend using a straw when we have dental problems. The sucking produces a vacuum in the whole mouth that may attracts blood clots (I know that you didn't have surgery, so this may not apply to you), but it may also attract bacteria risking the chance of infection. Ask your dentist if it is OK to use a straw, and I hope that you get well soon.
  • sandyy0605
    sandyy0605 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your help, I took your suggestions and went grocery shopping z hopefully the next two weeks go by fast