Need a 1800 calorie a day meal plan

Options
rukiya37
rukiya37 Posts: 1 Member
Hello...just started on my healthy life style change. I've recently quit smoking (2 months) and as of today going on a break from all alcohol. I have a military Ball in May for my son's graduation and want to feel Gorgeous in my gown. I also just want to improve my over all health. I know how to eat healthy..but don't know what the exact amounts of food I should eat. If someone has a sample meal plan I can base my days off of for a woman with a 1800/day calorie allowance that would be great.. Thanks for your help.

Replies

• kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Take a week and just log what you're already eating. Then, look to see what macros you're hitting and where you're lacking. Make sure you're hitting your protein and fat macros and that you're getting enough fiber and, if not, then tweak by adding foods/portions with those in them. Things should start to balance out.
  • Kathryn247
    Kathryn247 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Eat what you like, keeps you full, and fits your lifestyle. If you're within your calorie goal you'll lose weight.

Here's a simple example of why you can't really follow someone else's plan: A friend of mine asked me if she can just eat what I eat and lose weight. I make a smoothie every morning, but she has kids and can't run a blender in the morning.

Some people feel more full eating protein, some prefer carbs.

Oh - make sure you use a food scale and weigh all of your food in grams (liquids in cups), and use accurate database entries. Include cooking oils, etc.

The bad news is there's no "set meal plan," but that's also the good news - you can eat what you like. :)
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    Kathryn247 wrote: »
    Eat what you like, keeps you full, and fits your lifestyle. If you're within your calorie goal you'll lose weight.

Here's a simple example of why you can't really follow someone else's plan: A friend of mine asked me if she can just eat what I eat and lose weight. I make a smoothie every morning, but she has kids and can't run a blender in the morning.

Some people feel more full eating protein, some prefer carbs.

Oh - make sure you use a food scale and weigh all of your food in grams (liquids in cups), and use accurate database entries. Include cooking oils, etc.

The bad news is there's no "set meal plan," but that's also the good news - you can eat what you like. :)

^ All of this too. :)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,070 Member
    Options
    It's not exactly an 1800 calorie a day plan, but if followed, it will work - I used it to lose 50-some pounds in under a year, at age 59-60, while hypothyroid:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10636388/free-customized-personal-weight-loss-eating-plan-not-spam-or-mlm