Dear SOC,

Options
I have been missing.
With my uncle passing away, the end of my job (which increases 15-20 hours the last two weeks) and trying to work out, I barely had anytime to get on here.
But I have 10 days left before I go back to college. How much more time do you guys have?
We will probably do this week, then next week and be done, because I know once I get back, I probably won't even be logging very often. I'll try my hardest though.

So that being said, talk to me. How was the past couple of weeks. I know a lot of you returned and I had deleted many of you off the data sheet because you were not around. If you want to participate for the last two weeks, message me with your start weight for the summer and your current weight and I'll re-add you.

https://docs.google.com/a/mail.niagara.edu/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_US&hl=en_US&key=0AuQz-BrjLb8RdHBWMkpWOW5yVjRJMWczTVk4RDNNS0E&output=html

Once again I apologize for not being around. I've been completely busy and obviously this wasn't expected.

I think a good challenge for this week would be to make a plan, about how we are going to lose weight/maintain during the fall semester. Since we are college students, it gets really hard to be healthy with exams, studying etc. So let's plan it out ahead of time.

Replies

• Bridge_CG
    Bridge_CG Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I go back in 5 days! I am so excited, and no where near where I wanted to be the last week of summer break. These last two weeks have been so hard. Obviously not as hard as you have had it though... I've just been letting myself go kinda. With that detox I did, it made me feel sick, and lethargic (well, even more so). I hated it. I stopped it a week early, just so I could start feeling better. Today has (so far) been the best out of all my days.

I'm happy to note that UNM does have a co-op on campus, so I have healthier options than most. But I will probably be bringing my lunch the first week or so- just to save money and calories. I'm also going to get a new Camelback water bottle, so I can take that everywhere with me and stay hydrated!

PS. I 've missed you so much. I hope you are doing better, and finding normalcy in your life again.
  • Sarac715
    Sarac715 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I HAD been doing great the past couple of weeks, I had finally seen the scale drop below 140! Which would finally put me at weighing less than my boyfriend. But I went home for the weekend (the last time for a while) so I kinda binged and ate whatever the hell I wanted. SO I am still back at 142. My doctor ran some blood tests while I was in to see him because I really haven't been feeling very well lately. Kinda like you mentioned, gibsters, pretty lethargic and no energy for over am month now. I'll get the results tomorrow, but it might be a thyroid problem.

I've also really changed up what I eat this week, with almost little to no fruits and vegetables or yogurt. I am really trying to eat up the food I have in my kitchen so I don't have to spend as much on groceries. I set a budget that I am really going to try to stick to... I figure if I can record what I eat everyday I can record what I spend every month. But Lots of carby foods like rice, granola bars, and higher calorie foods are whats left in my kitchen right now, which aren't as filling. But still have been seeing the numbers go down.
  • Bridge_CG
    Bridge_CG Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Sarac- I have an under active thyroid. So, it's kind of impossible for me to lose weight. I hate it more than anything. :( I hope your blood tests come back alright!
  • whiskyzee
    whiskyzee Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I've made my trans-national transition, amd I have to say it's hard. I'm constantly anxious, stressed, and/or frustrated, but I know this stage will pass soon enough. I will eventually unpack all the boxes and remember my copier code. On Monday, I begin PhD classes, and can settle into a rountine. You'll all be pleased to know that I waited around campus an extra hour last week to attend the activities fair. I signed up for intramural and club soccer, and got some info on classes in the rec center. Having a life outside academia will be key for me, I think. Also, I've become a bicycle commuter, despite the oppressive heat and humidity. If that (and the downtown Houston traffic) doesn't kill me, I'll be fine. Hang in there, everyone, and good luck in the coming semester!
  • kayladiane5
    Options
    I'm glad the end of the summer for you guys is going great.
    I've made it down to 210. My original goal was 200 for the summer but with Florida and my month plateau.. I sorta got set back. I'll take 210 and try to work to drop to 190/180 around Christmas time.
  • jbrod19
    jbrod19 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I can't believe the summer is over!!!! We all did so well :) I went from 170 to 155 ... didn't quite get to my goal weight of 145, but I'm closer than before! I go back to school on Friday and I'm really hoping that I continue to lose! I just found out that my family booked a trip to Jamaica in December so my goal is to be able to wear a bikini on that vacation!!!!

Let's all stay in touch this semester!! :) Good luck!!