new scale. please help!

Options
so i purchased a new scale yesterday and between my old one and new one, there is a 3.8 pounds difference (or there abouts).

its driving me crazy!

what should i do? should i recalculate my weight on here to match up with my weight as my new scale says it, even though i think it's wrong?

i don't want to just ignore it because everytime i see that number it drives me crazy! its probably more accurate than my old one, which makes me feel like a big F.A.I.L.

Replies

• plussized
    plussized Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    so i purchased a new scale yesterday and between my old one and new one, there is a 3.8 pounds difference (or there abouts).

its driving me crazy!

what should i do? should i recalculate my weight on here to match up with my weight as my new scale says it, even though i think it's wrong?

i don't want to just ignore it because everytime i see that number it drives me crazy! its probably more accurate than my old one, which makes me feel like a big F.A.I.L.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    recalculate everything to match up with it
  • TheGuardian
    TheGuardian Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    you still lost all the weight the old scale says you did, it's just a slightly different actual amount. So don't feel bad, it doesn't reduce your accomplishments at all.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    well I am sure you have heard this before and when I heard it I didnt buy into it at first but......
    the scale and what the scale says each day is not the important thing.....feelings coming from our bodies and getting in tune with them is what is real.....use the scale you want to use but it is just a number....
    weigh in weekly at the most....how do you feel...how do you look to yourself....measurements are also a better indication of progress...our weight can fluctuate so much it can drive me at least, crazy....if the new scale is better, use that number, but it is just a number
    keep on keepin on:smile:
  • laurajane81
    Options
    Hi the same thing has happen to me but im not worried cos i know i lost 15lbs i was just heavier than i thought to start off with...i adjusted mine and will stick to my news ones....x