Hey, everyone. Begining my resolution(again) before next year

Options
paulthomas0
paulthomas0 Posts: 1 Member
edited December 2018 in Introduce Yourself
Trying to lose all the fat around my waist which looks like a beer-belly. I have started panting while climbing stairs and sweating while taking simple a walk. I weigh around a whopping 264 lbs or 120 kg.

I have a goal of reducing 10 kg or 20 pounds in the next 3 months before I visit my home town. Always been "the fat kid", and now an adult. I want to start on my way to fitness, on feeling energetic at least 4-5 hours a day.

As, the title suggests, I have tried dieting, exercising and gym before but gave them up in 2-3 months and gained back the weight and a lot more. But, I don't want to repeat those mistakes. This time I am willing to put in the effort and research (the missing ingredient).

Some useful links:
https://www.nhp.gov.in/healthlyliving/healthy-diet
https://food.ndtv.com/food-drinks/the-ideal-balanced-diet-what-should-you-really-eat-1214286
healthyliving-reena.blogspot.com/2010/12/6-meals-diet-plan-indian.html: I live in India, so most diets mentioned in websites are completely different in here.
vikaspedia.in/health/nutrition/dietary-guidelines-1/dietary_guidelines_for_indians

And as mentioned in here, I am talking about my resolutions by starting in MyFitnessPal's community which I believe is one of the best platform to discuss about health and diet.

I would love to hear your success stories and tips. I will share what I learn as well.

Replies

• Spadhnik
    Spadhnik Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Good start @paulthomas0
    Research and planning if what would suit you is key for consistency.

I started my new year resolution early as well (in October). I didnt want to enter new year with obese BMI. I still have few milestones to reach but have already made progress with 5kg loss. I will now have another goal in new year!!

Thanks for the links, I will check them out (Indian here...)