One week of healthy eating and working out, still no weight loss results?

Options
I only have 5kg to lose. I’ve been eating really healthy and been working out. Mfp gave me a daily net goal of 1420. I usually eat around 1520 because of my workouts. But I still haven’t seen results?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    sathmif465 wrote: »
    I only have 5kg to lose. I’ve been eating really healthy and been working out. Mfp gave me a daily net goal of 1420. I usually eat around 1520 because of my workouts. But I still haven’t seen results?

You didn't gain it all in a week
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    You definitely need to give it longer than 1 week.
  • FitGamerSmoak
    FitGamerSmoak Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    One week is not enough, at least 4 should show you some progress. Or the need to change things up.
  • Dilvish
    Dilvish Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Yup...you are going to see the common thread here is that your expectations are too high.

Weight loss is about lifestyle change. Working out and eating healthy are a great start but it has to be something you can sustain over the long term, which is why most commercial diets fail...they are usually structured as short term because when people see results right away they pay more to stay on the diet (weight watchers, Jenny Craig, Nutrisystem etc.).

Additionally it is possible to "eat healthy" and still gain weight. for example a handful of roasted almonds are very healthy but contain a lot of calories due to their healthy fats. Same goes for whole grain pasta or potatoes with the skin on...too much can screw up your caloric intake.

Guessing about how much you consume can be a real gamble too. Add to that many people over estimate how many calories they burn doing exercise. For example If you look up walking as an exercise, you will get different information from website to website about how many calories per hour you burn.

Tracking everything you eat (read nutrition labels and measure!) and being reasonable about how many calories you burn doing exercise is the key to figuring out where you should be in terms of goals.

And finally, don't weigh yourself everyday. once a week is enough and remember your body needs time to adjust to a diet so initial weight loss may in fact be water loss and/or muscle loss. To prevent both increase your water intake (yes it sounds opposite) and make sure you are getting enough protein to build muscle...most people tend to ignore these important items and fail miserably in the first few weeks of weight loss.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    Chant this affirmation repeatedly: desire, discipline, patience and perseverance. In 100 days, you’ll have much progress to share.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    sathmif465 wrote: »

Are the workouts new? Then you are likely retaining water. My own scale went up 7 pounds when I started working out. Took a few weeks to come off and keep dropping.

Also, with only 5 kg to lose it's going to be slow. Patience :)