Heavy metal music

Options

Replies

• Shortyburb
    Shortyburb Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I love angry music at the gym. :D
    Some Avenged Sevenfold, Disturbed, Earshot, Finger Eleven, Flaw, Grade 8, Gravity Kills, Hatebreed, Killswitch Engage, Korn, Marylin Manson, POD, Papa Roach, Powerman 5000, Rammstein, Rob Zombie, Seether, Sevendust, Sinch, Slipknot, Static X, Mudvane, The Beautiful Mistake, Three Days Grace, Zebra Head
  • bobbybdoe
    bobbybdoe Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Does anyone here workout to heavy metal music, like Godsmack or Disturbed? I was wondering what were some killer songs by bands like that? Also, what about punk music like Limp Bizkit or Korn? I'm just searching for some new really heavy loud rebellious crazy workout music/songs to kick out the jams with, thanks.

Not heavy metal brah. You're thinking of (when talking about heavy metal), Iron Maiden, Metallica, AC/DC (more lenient to hard rock actually), Testament, Judas Priest, Anthrax, Motley Crue, and Megadeth.

EDIT : How the hell did I forget Pantera? Cowboys From Hell and Walk = My favorite songs to lift to.
  • meowthania
    Options
    One song I really like to workout to is kind of old. . .Soylent Green by Wumpscut.

<3
    I'm also a big fan of Totmacher - Wumpscut VNV Nation remix
  • dannylives
    dannylives Posts: 611
    Options
    rileys_mommy's playlist is the best.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    SO HAPPY to see a couple others list Walk by Pantera. By far the best 'get pumped for a workout' song ever.

Lots of Marilyn Manson - Beautiful People, Personal Jesus..

Old School hair band stuff - Welcome to the Jungle, Mr. Brownstone.. pretty much anything my Megadeth, Five Finger Death Punch..
  • Mandalynn304
    Mandalynn304 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I LOVE some Machinehead, Sevendust, Megadeth, Metallica, KORN, and Hatebreed :)
  • meowthania
    Options
    Does anyone here workout to heavy metal music, like Godsmack or Disturbed? I was wondering what were some killer songs by bands like that? Also, what about punk music like Limp Bizkit or Korn? I'm just searching for some new really heavy loud rebellious crazy workout music/songs to kick out the jams with, thanks.

I think what you are looking for is "nu-metal"
    Now, to think back to my teenage years to get you some more band ideas that I didn't see when I browsed the topic/responses...
    Kittie, Taproot, Tapping the Vein, Meshuggah, godhead?? Tristania? ...too sleepy. Will maybe think of more/better ones tomorrow.
  • meowthania
    Options
    I LOVE some Machinehead, Sevendust, Megadeth, Metallica, KORN, and Hatebreed :)

MACHINEHEAD!!! I was trying to think of them and hatebreed and all I came up with was "ummmm you know...that bannnnddd" and of course the hubby was no help! \m/
  • Mandalynn304
    Mandalynn304 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Machinehead.......gotta love them :) Glad I figured it out for ya lol
  • dannylives
    dannylives Posts: 611
    Options
    rileys_mommy gets a gold star for a correct response!
  • aalanclose
    aalanclose Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Alestorm - nothing like a bit of pirate metal to get you going or maybe some old school punk, Dead Kennedys, The ****ies and a bit of Snuff

edit

oh dear, the censor software on the site seems a bit prudish, the offending group was the D.ickies
  • lennykat
    lennykat Posts: 89
    Options
    My heavy playlist includes:

Bush
    Live
    Metallica
    Billy Squire (old school!)
    BuckCherry
    Limp Bizkit
    Rage Against the Machine
    Def Leppard (old school!)
    Van Halen (Dave NOT Sammy)
    Kid Rock
    AeroSmith (old school!)
    Pearl Jam
    Days of the New
    Ozzy
    Korn
    Dynamite Hack
  • bumflapassassin
    bumflapassassin Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    you could try leftover crack, nekromantix and the dead pets if you're looking for things you may not have come across before :) should be able to find them on myspace
  • meowthania
    Options
    This isn't really metal - but gets me kind of pumped...band name is Jerk (only first album is any good though)
  • zapatasbloodjv
    Options
    you could try leftover crack, nekromantix and the dead pets if you're looking for things you may not have come across before :) should be able to find them on myspace

I like leftover crack aka choking victim also. Saw them live a few years back. I will def. check out those other two bands u posted.
  • FaithsVegWorkout
    Options
    My play list is all over the place. It can go from industrial to Rihanna. There is def stuff I listen to at the gym that isn't really what I would want to listen to all the time.
  • Danahimself
    Danahimself Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Just the suggestions I was looking for thanks all for the ideas! Forgot about Kid Rock..
  • mindphluxxx
    Options
    My two main playlists are dance and metal/industrial/EBM.

My metal/industrial one is stuff like...

Deftones
    Tool
    Suicide Commando
    SiKth
    Arcturus
    Hydroxie
    Distatix
    Machine Head
    Decapitated
    In Flames
    Rammstein
    Project Pitchfork
    KMFDM
  • Dragongrl
    Dragongrl Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Also, what about punk music like Limp Bizkit or Korn?

No offense. Not punk music. Would fall in New Metal genre.

Try blasting Slayer as loud as your eardrums can stand it (if not louder) during your workout.

I put alot of Iron Maiden and Megadeth in my playlist.

If you like Vikings and norse mythology listen to Amon Amarth. Melow Deth sound. Pretty sweet.

I would like to also recomend Children of Bodom for a faster pace workout.

Have a nice day!!!!
  • missdaisy79
    missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I like the Transplants for working out to. Not my usual thing, but for pumping me up for a bit of treadmill or punching stuff can't beat it. I'd normally listen to grindcore or death metal, but I'm likely to kill myself trying to keep to the beat there. And for a thoroughly brutal band, you can't beat The Day Everything Became Nothing.