“Free” days?

Options
Do any of you guys allow yourself “free” or untracked days? And if so, do you notice a change in your approach to dieting? Or in your mindset?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, usually when I'm on holiday.

The mental break is nice
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Holidays or the odd weekend away. I dont log and I enjoy the break. I do have a problem eyeballing portions although I am getting better at this. So I usually gain a bit but soon get back into the mindset and lose it again.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Do any of you guys allow yourself “free” or untracked days? And if so, do you notice a change in your approach to dieting? Or in your mindset?

At this stage of my weight loss (trying to lose weight again & getting close to being under 200 again) I don't let myself have too many free days/cheat days since I feel that would defeat the purpose at this point. Every so often (maybe one day every few weeks) I'll myself to eat at maintenance calories according to Fitbit if I find myself extra ravenous or just wanting to have a few extra treats.

Once I get to maintenance I'll not log holidays or vacations or if I do log just make estimations.
  • lulehlu
    lulehlu Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Free meals are more common for me than free days.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I don't ever track while on holiday, but those days aren't "free". I just try to be mindful.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I don't log my days but I am mindful about what goes in my mouth. I don't do entire days where I just say "whatever!" but I will eat a meal where I let myself try different things and eat more calories than I usually would. These are reserved for date nights with my boyfriend. He likes really good food and it makes him happy to see me eat things I normally don't.
  • AmyC2288
    AmyC2288 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Yes, but I try to keep it contained to one meal instead of a whole day.
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Yes I have and I have also gone completely off track for months at a time because of it.

So currently I am weighing and logging everything even if I go way over. The only way I stay on track is to log no matter what.