How Far Can You Run?

Options
What is the furthest distance you have ever run without stopping?

One day when i was in the army, the commander had a wild hair up his *kitten* for some reason and made us run 10 miles that morning. We only ever ran 4 or 6 miles in that unit, and about 2 thirds of the soldiers did not make that distance. I was one of the ones who made it (barely), so 10 miles is the furthest i have ever run non stop.

I recently took up running (i guess close to a year now), and have worked my way up to 5 miles so far.

I am in awe of people that run ultra marathons, and even marathons & half marathons.

What is the longest distance you have ever run?

Replies

• pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Did a half Marathon (13.1miles) Could have gone on, but the race (run) was over.
  • garystrickland357
    garystrickland357 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I did a 16 mile training run once. I was working toward a marathon. An Achilles aggravation (not related to the running) made me abandon that particular marathon training. I haven't been motivated to run past a 1/2 marathon since.
  • kdbulger
    kdbulger Posts: 396 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    The longest so far is 10km (6 miles, I think?). Ive been at it for less than a year so I'm pleased with that. I've backed off since then but I intend to run a half marathon next fall (after a few big life events that don't allow for the time away from my family for now). I'm maintaining with 3-6km, 3-4 times a week right now since 20-60 minutes seems to be the most time I can find and I'm a slower runner.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    26.2 is my longest so far.
  • furmickc
    furmickc Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm an ultramarathoner. So...pretty far ;)
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    7 miles is my longest so far. I'm toward the end of a 5K to 10K program right now (I can run 10K but want to get faster), and am planning to try for a half-marathon distance next. I've been running for a little less than a year and a half.
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    26.2 miles, but anymore I have a really nice 7.5 mile trail run and that is the longest I have any desire to do.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    26.2 is it. I'm prone to leg injuries when my run volume gets high, so this year I used a run/walk approach during training builds as well as on IM race day. No more open marathons for me.

I have a few friends who do some crazy trail runs up to 205 miles (The Tahoe 200!), but that's way beyond my interest and physical abilities.

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    18, i got distracted from my marathon running plan