Options
13»

Replies

• SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    SwannySez wrote: »
    Exactly

i was just wondering what all it involved but i guess it’s above my head bc i dont know what functional fitness meand

It means lifting stuff with poor form, just like everyday life. Hence functional. ;)

i just heard some people love it and idk i’ll try anything but then one time someone said “omg you have to try orange theory” so i tried orange theory and it was like boot camp with the real housewives of NY :( i cant do that again, it crushed my soul

and then that time i tried hot yoga and almost died bc i kept holding my breath so i didn’t breath in other people’s sticky humid body odor air

and pilates was just boring

can anyone for real explain crossfit

Wait. You're in NY?

no i’m in Texas

Dammit. With all my exes.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Exactly

i was just wondering what all it involved but i guess it’s above my head bc i dont know what functional fitness meand

It means lifting stuff with poor form, just like everyday life. Hence functional. ;)

i just heard some people love it and idk i’ll try anything but then one time someone said “omg you have to try orange theory” so i tried orange theory and it was like boot camp with the real housewives of NY :( i cant do that again, it crushed my soul

and then that time i tried hot yoga and almost died bc i kept holding my breath so i didn’t breath in other people’s sticky humid body odor air

and pilates was just boring

can anyone for real explain crossfit

Wait. You're in NY?

no i’m in Texas

Dammit. With all my exes.

10 points for the reference!
  • Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    denny_mac wrote: »
    Are crossfitters bigger in Texas?

texas is bigger than Australia even

Is there crossfit in Australia?

Actually, the reigning CrossFit Games Women's champion is from Australia.
  • KETO12CROSSFIT
    KETO12CROSSFIT Posts: 81 Member
    Options

Did you see where she moved to Tennessee to train at Mayhem!
  • Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options

I did. I'm just hoping the next step isn't to move the Games to Cookeville since that is where all the big names are going. I like it in Madison!
  • KETO12CROSSFIT
    Options

I did. I'm just hoping the next step isn't to move the Games to Cookeville since that is where all the big names are going. I like it in Madison!

Lucky! Selfishly being from Alabama I’m about 3 hours from Cookeville.
  • Keto_N_Iron
    Keto_N_Iron Posts: 5,385 Member
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »

:D:D:D I burst out laughing when I saw this!
  • carolyn000000
    carolyn000000 Posts: 179 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I think all the bad press about bad form has made Crossfit gyms going the complete opposite. At one of my recent workouts, we practiced with a pvc pipe for 20 minutes before using any weight, even people who have been Crossfitting for years. We have great coaching and they take correct form to the extreme. I must say, I am pretty proud of my form due to great coaching. And, I have used three different Crossfit gyms; they are all extremely diligent about form. My gym also focuses on working in all the different energy systems so you aren't just doing the classic hiit type of Crossfit workout.

Then I will go to a boot camp class where there is no coaching at all. Makes me cringe.

I do like to mix it up though. Sometimes I don't get as much satisfaction from a 12 minute wod as I would a slow jog at the park for an hour.

• Ironlady70
    Ironlady70 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I was strictly a lifter until I tried CrossFit for the first time almost 3 months ago. My place pairs WODs with an Olympic lifting component- win/win
  • carolyn000000
    carolyn000000 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Yep, mine too. Love it.
  • KETO12CROSSFIT
    Options
    I think all the bad press about bad form has made Crossfit gyms going the complete opposite. At one of my recent workouts, we practiced with a pvc pipe for 20 minutes before using any weight, even people who have been Crossfitting for years. We have great coaching and they take correct form to the extreme. I must say, I am pretty proud of my form due to great coaching. And, I have used three different Crossfit gyms; they are all extremely diligent about form. My gym also focuses on working in all the different energy systems so you aren't just doing the classic hiit type of Crossfit workout.

Then I will go to a boot camp class where there is no coaching at all. Makes me cringe.

I do like to mix it up though. Sometimes I don't get as much satisfaction from a 12 minute wod as I would a slow jog at the park for an hour.
    Ironlady70 wrote: »
    I was strictly a lifter until I tried CrossFit for the first time almost 3 months ago. My place pairs WODs with an Olympic lifting component- win/win

Where were you ladies last night when I was fighting off the doubters? I could’ve used some help.
  • kereseyshannon
    kereseyshannon Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I found a local CrossFit after joining the “little gym” and having no motivation to weight train on my own. I took my first class on November 6th and have been every week since. I just started increasing to twice a week since the muscle soreness isn’t as debilitating.
    I never thought I would love it so much but I’ve surprised myself. Feeling great and strong and looking forward to what I’ll gain from sticking with it. Feel free to add me. I’m still learning a lot and could use a friend who is more advanced, or a beginner like me!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,503 Member
    Options
    I love CrossFit.

The workouts are just okay....

but the Group Photos are the best.
  • KETO12CROSSFIT
    Options
    bojack5 wrote: »
    Crossfit is a good workout for my rest days ;)

👍🏻
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    black rifle + crossfit = hilarious