Depression and Anxiety won’t beat me!

Options
Determined to beat this and lose 6 stone and get down to a healthy weight by summer next year!

No more excuses and no more compromises!

It’s time to focus on a healthy future!

Good luck in your own personal struggles people! <3

Replies

• Keep_on_cardio
    Keep_on_cardio Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    You got this! Keep your mindset on your inner peace, take it day by day.

Depression can be cycling, when you find yourself having moments “focus on a healthier mind and the body will eventually in-line”.
  • amyr271
    amyr271 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Well done! Just take each day as it comes and summer will be here before you know it and you'll be healthier!

You got this :)
  • SlayerOfGoblins
    SlayerOfGoblins Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you I needed this :) it’s so hard to keep a self commitment when you have no interest in your own personal wellbeing but I have to try my best
  • CoffeenSquats
    CoffeenSquats Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck to you! :)
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    i have found routine is helpful. especially when you have no desire to take care of yourself.
    and dogs. i have to get out of bed because the dogs will drag me out of bed to take them outside.
  • oimullett
    oimullett Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Same here, mental illness can be devastating and looking after your mental health is so important.

For me, looking after one helps the others.

Crying in the gym may not the best look, but I've been there, it's OK, you can do it :)
  • mathdad41
    mathdad41 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    It's a rough thing to have to try to deal with. I hope you have a good support system and can get on top of it.
  • amynew4u
    amynew4u Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Sometimes the monotony of walking, elliptical, treadmill, bike etc. is the perfect way to get out of your own head. And, no expectations in terms of how you look! You are not alone!
  • Kgen7271
    Kgen7271 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Coming from someone who struggled from depression as a kid, and now trauma as an adult, I am sorry you've been going through all of this. I don't know your circumstances, but I know it can really keep a person from being their best self.

Keep your chin up. There will be good days and bad, but keep the routine of the healthy lifestyle constant. There's a natural sense of feeling good after a strong day in the gym that I can't get enough of. I hope it does the same for you.