MFP Premium. Is it worth?

Options
Considering getting premium MFP because I’m at a halt with my weight loss. Anyone use the premium feature?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    In what way do you think it'll help?

How long have you not lost weight for?
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,068 Member
    Options
    For me personally - no it isnt.

All I need are the basic features (and the forum! ) and I can get those for free
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    If you are at a halt the best thing you can do is weigh all of your food (except liquids where measuring cups and spoons are fine) with some kitchen scales to ensure that you are eating the amount you think you are. Many are eating more without even realising. With all I mean prepackage food also. I will eat a bar where the package says it is only 30 grams but can be as much as 36 grams instead. Those little things can quickly add up. The same can be said for fruit. How much exactly is 1 avocado? The weight can vary significantly and as it is such a calorie dense food full of so much goodness it can result in a significant number of unaccounted for calories.
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    There's nothing weight-loss-wise that's enhanced with Premium for me. There are things that I like (such as no ads, setting my Protein and Fat goals in grams [rather than just remembering my goals], and time-stamping diary entries on the app) but that's convenience rather than being a game changer.
  • Kalex1975
    Kalex1975 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Premium user here and that’s a big ole nope from me! The basic account has everything you need unless you’re wanting specific tweaks on your diary for fitness competitions.

Agreed, also a premium user here. I got premium for the ad-free experience and also to have more control of my macros. Not sure how premium will help with your stalled weight loss. Start here instead...

nnnaq5rggu08.jpg
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    paying money for premium is not going to help you lose more weight
  • aortegasep
    aortegasep Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Premium user here. I think its expensive for what it does. It certanly has some nice features in terms of goals customization but nothing more than that (in my opinion).
    I decided to give it a try and pay for a year, still have 6 or 7 months to go, but not thinking pay again.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    The main perks of premium for me was being able to set daily calorie goals, and not having any ads. While these are cool perks, I didn't find them valuable enough to pay what they're asking for premium.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    New MFP user here who went premium from the get-go. A small annual price, in my opinion, to be ad free. I pay lots of money for software in my business so the annual fee for premium was less than loose change. I like the other premium features too.