How do I Monitor Different Macros for Weightlifting Days?

Options
My goal is body recomposition, with a little bit of weight loss (10-15 pounds). I have read a blog here that states your total calorie consumption should change for weightlifting days. If my baseline total energy expenditure is 2,200 hundred calories, I understand that I should consume less than that on cardio days, but I should consume as much as 2,900 calories on weightlifting days. However, My Fitness Pal only monitors baseline total energy expenditure. Is there a way to have two different calorie goals for different exercise days within My Fitness Pal?

Thanks in advance.
Roddy

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I set my goals to the higher day, so 2,900 for you.

Then I have a meal called "offset" that I log for the lower days which just subtracts whatever macros I don't want to eat on the lower days, so for you this meal would be 900 calories.

You can look at my diary and see what I mean if a visual helps, today is an up day, but you will see yesterday there is a "rest day offset" - for me this is carbs and calories since I cycle both.

This is the easiest way I have found to track the day to day changes with MFP.
  • roddyhogg
    roddyhogg Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you, tcunbeliever. That is a good workaround. After asking the question, I checked the professional features of MyFitnessPal and found that it allows cycling of calories and nutrients for different days. I am now considering a one-year subscription for $49. If I don't like it after a year, I can unsubscribe.

Thanks again for your help.
  • aortegasep
    aortegasep Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    roddyhogg wrote: »
    Is there a way to have two different calorie goals for different exercise days within My Fitness Pal?
    Roddy
    Yes, its premium feature, you can set a different calorie goal for each day.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    roddyhogg wrote: »
    My goal is body recomposition, with a little bit of weight loss (10-15 pounds). I have read a blog here that states your total calorie consumption should change for weightlifting days. If my baseline total energy expenditure is 2,200 hundred calories, I understand that I should consume less than that on cardio days, but I should consume as much as 2,900 calories on weightlifting days. However, My Fitness Pal only monitors baseline total energy expenditure. Is there a way to have two different calorie goals for different exercise days within My Fitness Pal?

Thanks in advance.
    Roddy

With the free MFP, you just add your exercise here https://www.myfitnesspal.com/exercise/diary/ and get more calories for that day.

Premium is only needed if you want different macros on different days.