Calorie Counting vs. Exercise

Options
Guys, help me out here. My question is, if you are eating fewer calories and not working out, would you still lose weight? I'm getting lazy these days.

Replies

• evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    didn't work for me! Neither did working out and not watching what I ate. For me, it has to be the whole thing, working out and cutting calories.
  • TrishaLeighNelson
    TrishaLeighNelson Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I havent worked out because I recently had a c section
    I started at 220, starting counting at 216 and now Im at 211.
    Thats for 5 weeks
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    If you have a calorie deficit everyday, you WILL lose weight. However, you'll lose it faster if you work out AND you'll change the way your body looks too. So, yes.. you CAN lose weight without working out -- but you'll have better success if you try and get in some kind of exercise. :)
  • Lamemind
    Lamemind Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    It will work, but exercising makes it a lot easier. Muscles will burn calories for you all day, without you having to even use them. The goal for weight loss is to keep your total calories low. Aerobics will help your blood flow so that difficult to reach fat can be accessed by your body as a fuel source. It will happen naturally but its nice to have that extra boost from exercise.
  • shelbygeorge29
    shelbygeorge29 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I am ripping off a quote from someone here, sorry I can't give credit:

"Dieting makes you look good in clothes, working out makes you look good naked."

I want to look good naked again.
  • Ronny46
    Ronny46 Posts: 23
    Options
    Me Too!!! Good reply LOL!!!!!!!!
  • laureneva15
    Options

"Dieting makes you look good in clothes, working out makes you look good naked."

and now i am ripping it off from you :laugh:
  • BRoth1987
    Options

I love that!
  • justinperry
    Options
    weightloss comes purely from the calorie banalce at the end of the day, if you do no exercise you can still achieve a deficit by beig careful with your nutrition. if yu exerise you can get bigger deficits and lose weight much faster
  • aguinnmc
    aguinnmc Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Because of health reasons, I have not been able to work out recently. In spite of this, I am still losing over my weekly goal by watching my diet. It can be done.

However, it sounds as if you are feeling more lazy now than you have in the past. You may want to consider what is causing the fatigue. You may have a vitamin deficiency or another medical reason for the decrease in energy. If you can identify the cause and regain your energy, then you can add exercise back into your routine...with the added benefit of feeling better :)
    Good luck!
  • 20114liz
    20114liz Posts: 13
    Options
    Thanks guys. I will try to go back to my exercises. I started from 45lbs, now i have only 8lbs to go. Lately, i have alot on my plate...i mean a whole lot. I cant even make out time for my morning workout. But it seems the last 8lbs seem to be stubborn.
  • 20114liz
    20114liz Posts: 13
    Options
    Love the way i look naked. Cant believe i have lost my muffin top.
  • carrie1128
    carrie1128 Posts: 267 Member
    Options

Oh I like this!