Help me loose 10lbs for the NEW YEAR!

Options
Hey guys! I've been reading a lot of the forums for information on fitness health and diet. I don't have a scale, yet, where could I buy one, & I don't understand the macro tracking. What should my macro goal be?
Also, I don't know what high density calorie foods are.😬
Should I limit my calorie intake to 950?

I would love to learn about healthy dieting and my goal is to loose 10lbs for the new year!☺️ Who's with me??🤗enxxxzyiniya.jpeg
a8w7nq08j2pm.jpeg

Replies

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Based on your photos, I'd say 3-4 pounds is much more reasonable goal by the new year.

Read the forum stickies. Lots of great information and answers there!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Losing 10lbs in 4 weeks is not a healthy rate of loss for you
  • althara
    althara Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    It's generally recommended that women not go below 1200 calories a day without doctor supervision. A 2 pound per week or more weight loss goal is super aggressive unless you're class 3 obese and it's kind of hard to accomplish to be honest. A lot of people who use super aggressive weight loss tactics tend to rebound back to their starting weight or higher because they aren't making long-term sustainable changes.

You can buy a scale at Walmart, Target, Bed, Bath & Beyond and similar stores. Or from Amazon if you don't have access to any stores near you.

Macro goals depend on what your preferred method of weight loss is. Some people are into keto, others low carb, others focus on protein intake specifically and let other macros fall where they may, and others take a more moderate approach keeping their fat intake around 30% and splitting the rest between protein and carbs.

I think it's good to start with tracking what you're eating without making changes so you can see how your macros are now and where you can make adjustments to improve your intake to meet your goals.

High-calorie density foods are ones that pack a big calorie punch in a small volume. Think butter, chocolate, pizza, avocado, rice. If you want to feel full while reducing your calorie intake you have to shift some of your nutritional focus to low-calorie density foods like lettuce, broccoli, spinach, etc. Google "what 200 calories looks like" for some examples. You'll find stuff like this.
  • AZrising
    AZrising Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    If you are looking for someone to help push you a little send me an add. We can talk about general nutrition stuff. You can help keep me honest too. Keep at it!