Has anyone tried the visalus shakes?

Options
I have seen some friends have weight loss success using visalus shakes. I just wondered if anyone else on here has heard of them or used them for weight loss? If so, I would love to hear your story. Do you replace one or two meals per day with the shakes? How do they taste? How much weight did you lose? Thanks! Have a fantastic day.

Replies

• Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I am currently experimenting with different shakes to replace one of my meals. Right now I'm using Slim Fast shakes but will try something else once I've used up all the remaining cans. I have not heard of visalus shakes but I may eventually try that out in the future. I love trying out new things.
  • PJS323
    PJS323 Posts: 115
    Options
    I have only tried GNC total lean shake. I have the vanilla (which tastes like cake batter, yum!), and the swiss chocolate. I use almond milk, and add either a banana or berries, with ice. I try to have 1 a day, but have cut down to 3-4 a week because I am trying to eat more nuts. They have individual packages at some locations where you can try the different flavors without buying a whole container. GNC has a great return policy as well, if you don't like it, you can get your money back. There is a new 25g protein version out that i haven't had yet, but will let you know when I buy it. With the fruit, it is really filling.
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I really really love these shakes. I'm down 9 lbs in 3 wks w/ exercising but more so I look forward to the shake. I don't dread it or grin and bear it. Today I had a chocolate peanut butter shake and a lunch shake of OJ, Pomegranate juice and frozen pineapple.

I price compared to shakeology which is 30 day supply for $115 before shipping and the Shape Kit, 60 day supple (2 shakes a day) for $117 shipped. Plus I'm not committed to 1 flavor for the month, that was a large selling point. The other deal breaker was the taste, these shakes really are delicious.

I'm not a distributor but I'd be more than happy to give you more information.
  • crystalinda
    crystalinda Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I will be completing week 1 of the Visalus 90 day challenge tomorrow! I did notice though that the shake mix itself is very low in calories and sugar but if combined with regular soymilk and fruit the sugar levels can jump up pretty quickly. But I've adjusted accordingly and use either nonfat milk or unsweetened almond milk and limit the amount of fruits I include. That's where the flavor mix-ins become really valuable. They allow flavor flexibility while keeping the calories low.

I have been replacing 2 of my meals a day with the shakes and I've been really surprised by how satisfied I feel, before starting I I was worried that I would be hungry (as I often was on Slimfast) but I like the shakes because you can experiment with flavors, include them in other meals (there's a pancake recipe somewhere), they're high in protein and low in calories and sugar, they include non-GMO ingredients, and I could go on and on.

See my diary for the last week if you'd like to see in detail how each shake has helped me cut down an additional 100 - 150 calories per meal and still keep me satisfied. Some of my shakes are less than 200 calories!
  • irisannRN
    irisannRN Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • dreamwellali
    Options
    I spent the last month having a shake for breakfast - using regular cow's milk and fruit added usually. While I didn't lose weight, that wasn't my goal. My goal was to up my protein and certain type of fiber intake to help get my Crohn's Disease under control. And it worked! I love the shakes and have decided to go ahead and do the challenge - just started today. I've seen great results in terms of weight loss, but I don't forsee it being a sustainable lifestyle. I haven't yet seen any of these people who have lost weight in the long term. Will they gain it all back when they stop the shakes and eat regular food again?
  • Ashlxx
    Ashlxx Posts: 2
    Options
    Ive lost 15 pounds so for woth the shakes. I love them! It is part of my life now and will alwys be for me family. I do the spe kit and my husband does the balance. I also love the neuro visalus has it is healthy for you and gibes you a little energy without jitters. I think anyone should give it a try. I had resuls within my forst week!
  • PalmettoparkGuy
    PalmettoparkGuy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Why don't you just eat properly?
  • Ashlxx
    Ashlxx Posts: 2
    Options
    Also, refer three onto the challenge with you your next kit is free.. Ive only pid my first month o we lso are getting free meals and re saving a ton of money!! & cant beat the less thn gram of sugar in the mix!
  • cobylea
    cobylea Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Bump
This discussion has been closed.