intermittent fasting 16:8

Hi EVERYONE,
I have been doing this for 5 days now, my hours are 12 till 8pm. which works great for me, as i have early nights.. the 6.30 wake up for work though is killer to fast till 12 so recently budged it forward to 11 until 7pm doing much better.
anyone else on this train?

Replies

• leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    thank you very much!
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    That's about what I do. I try to stick with it, but also go by what I'm feeling too. Sometimes I make it to 11 or later, sometimes I eat earlier. I'm not super strict to following it. It has helped to get me out of a stall that I was stuck in for a month (losing and gaining the same couple of pounds)
  • JAYxMSxPES
    JAYxMSxPES Posts: 193 Member
    Dilvish wrote: »
    Actually studies indicate that the better way of intermittent fasting is 5:2. 5 days normal (no overeating!) calorie intake, 2 days at 600 calories per day (for women). Apparently it is more effective.

Part of weight-management is managing the behavior, it's not just the calories. Managing good behavior on days at 600 calories is not sustainable for everybody. Regular 16:8 can be tough and that seems to work for the OP.
    Hi EVERYONE,
    I have been doing this for 5 days now, my hours are 12 till 8pm. which works great for me, as i have early nights.. the 6.30 wake up for work though is killer to fast till 12 so recently budged it forward to 11 until 7pm doing much better.
    anyone else on this train?

I do it from 12pm to 8pm as well most of the time. Some days waiting until noon is very tough, other days it isn't. Just have to make adjustments to make it work for you. I've been doing it for about 6-months now and I very much love it and see some good results that I believe IF did approve upon. I'm also seeing it in my blood-work which was a nice bonus.
  • kds10
    kds10 Posts: 452 Member
    Just started IF and im loving this. I dont feel the need to snack as much. Brought some structure to my eating

I love IF too! It has also given me structure. Even if I am having not a great eating day as long as I keep it within 6 or 8 hours I feel in control of my eating. How I gained weight was my eating was not controlled, I was an all or nothing person.

Plus for me counting calories/points, etc. does not appeal to me.

Prior to doing IF a bad eating day would be eating from morning to bedtime...so on average over 12 hours of eating.

IF is so flexible in my opinion.
  • raven56706
    raven56706 Posts: 918 Member
    IF is basically skip breakfast right?
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    raven56706 wrote: »
    IF is basically skip breakfast right?

There are LOTS of versions/iterations of IF. Skipping breakfast is one such version.