is there some weird trick to appearing less weight on the sc

this is absolutely ridiculous, but i'm a small body with a lot of extra fat, and my goal weight is 112.5 as of today. i think that is the weirdest thing ever, because ten days ago, i was 115.5 and i really haven't burned off any calories that i didn't eat back. and my measurements are all the same. i stepped back up on the scale fifteen times in the same and different positions, never changed. what's the deal?

Replies

• NewVonnie
    NewVonnie Posts: 683 Member
    Is this a trick question?
  • not at all! i'm just weirded out by sounding so small on the scale but looking so incredibly chubby and the fact that the scale gave me a three-pound jump of a weight loss haha.
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    How tall are you? 115 looks way different on someone who's 6'0 than someone who's 4'9
  • i'm 5'1"
  • sineadangele1
    sineadangele1 Posts: 97 Member
    just accept the loss and be happy =]
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Were you holding your breath?
  • ajk828
    ajk828 Posts: 335
    did you do a dance around the scale before you stepped on?
  • It might have been the time you checked.
    You weigh less before you eat.
    Food that is digesting adds temporary weight.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Stand on one leg.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    1. Water retention?
    2. Had a big #2, BM, recently?
    3. Weighed at different times of the day?
    4. The higher was during TOM and now it's done?

Always weigh first thing in the morning naked after you pee. That will be the most consistent.
    Weight can fluctuate by a few pounds for MANY reasons.

Also, if you still feel you look "fat" at 112, because you're 5'1", you can still safely go down. I jump between 108 and 112 and I'm 5'2".
    But it's not just about the number on the scale, you need to build muscle.
    I got down to 103 and was STILL unhappy. I started lifting heavy weights, added muscle, and now my overall bodyfat PERCENTAGE is lower, metabolism is faster, I'm stronger, run faster, etc.
    Weights are the key. I am now 110 and look better than I did at 103 even though I fit in the same pants at both weights.
  • i'm 5'1"

Well that's why.
    Get to exercising.!